switching between Libraries - seamless or ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snoylekim
    • Feb 2010

switching between Libraries - seamless or ?

OK, two posts in the same forum means I have a new toy ..Love it, especially since wi/fi - internet radio is the only real answer to defeating big city AM interference .. Got my firewall and connectivity issues with SB server straightened out ( my media machine also runs Twonky) ..

Here's the scenario : I start listening basically connected to mysqueezebox.com ..I have 6 presets assigned . I then switch libraries ..presets become inactive ( they still 'beep') ..and Internet Radio seems to want to go thru my library/server ..Ok, fair enough ..need to tell L'il Snitch that's OK ... BUT ..

How do I switch back to mysqueezebox.com ?? Switch Libraries has NO option shown to do this, or to unselect my library .. Basically I need to power down and reboot ..which brings mysqueezebox.com and the presets back to life ..

I've read thru some threads on alternatives ( e.g. add to favorites on SBC and use these..) .. I just think I'm missing something ..would be ideal to be able to switch libraries 'seamlessly' ..

Thanks
  • aubuti
    • Oct 2005

You should be able to connect to mysb.com via Settings > Advanced > Networking > Switch to mysqueezebox.com. I say "should" because some people seem to have problems with it. I don't understand why it is buried so deep in those menus, but if you plan to use it a lot you can put it on your Home menu by selecting it under Settings > Home Menu.
    Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
    Bedroom: SB Radio
    Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
    LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• snoylekim
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by aubuti
      You should be able to connect to mysb.com via Settings > Advanced > Networking > Switch to mysqueezebox.com. I say "should" because some people seem to have problems with it. I don't understand why it is buried so deep in those menus, but if you plan to use it a lot you can put it on your Home menu by selecting it under Settings > Home Menu.
      Thanks ...haven't had time to wander around in the depths of the menu ... will check that out ... I'm leaning toward staying connected to my server, as it's up 24x7, based on other threads in this forum .. I might as well, because my PS3 and Denon stay connected at all times, with no issues ..

Comment

• aubuti
        • Oct 2005

If your server is on 24x7 there is no reason whatsoever to connect explicitly to mysb.com. You can get all the mysb.com services via SBS, and many fewer connection headaches.
        Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
        Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
        Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
        Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
        Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
        Bedroom: SB Radio
        Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
        LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• snoylekim
          • Feb 2010

Thanks ..found it and reconfigured radio and my thinking to use the server .. fixed some issues w/ little snitch and 'hanging' disappeared .. And, if my media server (Imac) crashes, I've got more important things to do than listen to internet radio

Comment

Working...