PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Twonky and SBS on..

snoylekim
2010-02-15, 06:30
The same machine ..installed SBS on my IMac last night .. discovered SBS and twonky both use port 9000 ... SBS discovered this and has switched to port 9001, but now there are issues the squeezebox radio connecting and using this .. Thoughts ?? ..I have another mac (laptop) that I could install SBS on , but iTunes uses a shared library .. I need to keep Twonky on the iMac to service music to my PS3 and my audio receiver ...
Thanks

yerma
2010-02-15, 08:37
I use Twonky on port 9000 and good ole' SC 7.3.3 on port 9001 on my NAS and it works fine.

agillis
2010-02-15, 09:22
We have the Twonky server running on VortexBox and it works fine. Maybe a fire wall problem?

snoylekim
2010-02-15, 09:37
We have the Twonky server running on VortexBox and it works fine. Maybe a fire wall problem?

That's my next stop ..I'm running 10.6.2, so I will try an explicit app entry into the firewall .. It was working for a while, but then the radio couldn't connect .. From the above 2 responses, sounds like the squeezebox will try 9001 and adapt as well ? I found nothing on the radio menu/options to explicitly 'port map' ... Twonky worked/is working fine (once I restarted the server after I installed SBS.. Thanks for the replies .

toby10
2010-02-15, 09:52
You can set SBS's port # manually if needed.
SBS > Settings > Advanced > Network > Port #

snoylekim
2010-02-15, 17:17
You can set SBS's port # manually if needed.
SBS > Settings > Advanced > Network > Port #

Looks like I got everything squared away ..the server and radio adjusted to port 9001 without any issues ..some of the dropping I was experiencing was because I forgot about L'il Snitch - I created an overarching rule to allow anything out of the server .. 10.6.2 Firewall had nothing explicit for the app, but is allowing the TCP traffic in ... it's denying some ICMP, but I'm not sure why the radio would even send that to the server, and not seeing anything negative functionally ..