PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox

NWP
2010-02-15, 03:43
Hey,

I finally got the cash together to buy a squeezebox. Don't they have them anymore? I see the radio, boom, touch, etc... but what about the classic squeezebox with that bright digital display? Please tell me they are still making them.

toby10
2010-02-15, 04:02
Hey,

I finally got the cash together to buy a squeezebox. Don't they have them anymore? I see the radio, boom, touch, etc... but what about the classic squeezebox with that bright digital display? Please tell me they are still making them.

The SB3/Classic has been discontinued, soon to be replaced with the Touch (same price as the original SB3).
Some retailers may still have the SB3 in stock, check around.

But your best bet is to buy a "dented box" SB3 direct from Logitech for $179 with full warranty:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/promotional_items/devices/6408&cl=us,en&ci=0

DaveWr
2010-02-15, 07:51
Its out of stock if you click on the link.

Dave

toby10
2010-02-15, 08:22
Its out of stock if you click on the link.

Dave

Yeah, I guess all good things must come to an end. :(

Mnyb
2010-02-15, 08:33
Then it's a duet now, or wait for the touch .
I would recommend waiting for the Touch to appear, it's looks good on the specs compared to duet and it is no big difference in price.

The Beta testers claims that it sounds better than SB3/2 .

You could get used ones on ebay, but one reason to that SB3 is discontinued before the replacement is launched is the sad fact that there is no more VFD displays to get from the supplier, and no replacement part either.

So they had to design a new player anyway, they choses the Touch concept.
The Touch should also have been released already, but there is (un)expected delays in geting the software ready.

toby10
2010-02-15, 09:35
Don't know where you are located, but a quick check of Amazon.com (US) shows two retailers who "claim" to have new SB3/Classic's in stock.
One is $269.90 and is fulfilled by Amazon (and qualifies for free shipping). :)

Stevejm20
2010-02-15, 17:51
The SB3/Classic has been discontinued, soon to be replaced with the Touch (same price as the original SB3).
Some retailers may still have the SB3 in stock, check around.

But your best bet is to buy a "dented box" SB3 direct from Logitech for $179 with full warranty:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/promotional_items/devices/6408&cl=us,en&ci=0

I just got a dented box before they sold out. I wonder what they will do if it needs repaired because of the display. It comes with a 3 year warrenty.

pippin
2010-02-15, 17:59
I just got a dented box before they sold out. I wonder what they will do if it needs repaired because of the display. It comes with a 3 year warrenty.

Must have some in stock.
After all, the Transporter is still on sale.

NWP
2010-02-20, 11:11
That's a shame. The display is what attracted me to the squeezebox. It looks cool and I wanted something I can see from across the room.

No offense, but the touch looks like an ipod in a docking station. It doesn't impress me at all. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.

iPhone
2010-02-20, 12:04
That's a shame. The display is what attracted me to the squeezebox. It looks cool and I wanted something I can see from across the room.

No offense, but the touch looks like an ipod in a docking station. It doesn't impress me at all. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.

Then if you want an SB3 (Classic), you better grab one from one of the Amazon Retailers that claim they have them and do it real quick or start searching EBAY and Audiogon for one while they can still be had.

If not, its a Transporter for the same type of display or going with the Touch. Just my opinion, but Touch (I have one) doesn't look any iPod I have ever seen.