PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox malfunction 25% of time??

spudjoe
2010-02-14, 16:53
Hi all, thanks for being there! Just bought mine last week, and works great most of time! Problem is, about 25% of time, after moving unit and plugging it in, when pushing on button, the welcome screen says "home" on upper left corner, then has other headers below listing like "my music", "settings", etc, and the lower right hand WIFI icon is red! There is no icon for internet radio, and I cannot power off the "touch" method, but have to use the > 2 sec rule, it then powers off, then I power it back on, and the "squeezebox radio" icon now shows up on upper left of screen with the "internet radio" header below, of which I can then navigate to the different stations. The WIFI signal is excellent, and cannot understand why, 1/4 of time, the radio opens up to that screen in which I cannot navigate to music, but have to power off again and then power up. THe software is updated, and I even went back to Best Buy to exchange my iniital Squezebox for another one, and this second one does the same thing! Some softward glitch, or is this one malfunctioning, or have any of you experienced same thing?? appreciate any ideas/thoughts. thanks for you'all being there!!!!

johnas
2010-02-14, 17:29
Hi all, thanks for being there! Just bought mine last week, and works great most of time! Problem is, about 25% of time, after moving unit and plugging it in, when pushing on button, the welcome screen says "home" on upper left corner, then has other headers below listing like "my music", "settings", etc, and the lower right hand WIFI icon is red!

Yeah I have the same issue with my SB radio if I move it. No matter how many times I tell it to connect to my network it won't. In my case when I reboot my router the Radio automatically joins the network and is good to go. I suspect it is a DHCP issue with the radio but I haven't had time to troubleshoot it. Maybe someone else will chime in with some better advice.

bpa
2010-02-14, 17:55
Look at Radio Settings/Advanced/Diagnostics to see if there are any problems indicated.

spudjoe
2010-02-14, 18:04
Hi al, thanks for the replies thusfar. Mine is simply the Squeezebox radio(the one on sale at Best Buy this week and also in which battery pack is being released soon??). I checked diagnostics and advanced and such, and the info on that page are correct. I am sort of glad that someone else has experienced that too, and that makes me feel better that it is most likely ot inherent in radio itself(malfunction). Any other ideas/sharings would be appreciated, and BTW, I used to be a shortwave listener(have several radios), but with WiFi radio and ability to listen to any continent with no fading, this is like "first class" in monitoring foreign countries!!!! thanks.