PDA

View Full Version : V3 Wired Only?

Gregavi
2010-02-12, 11:12
Is there a Squeezebox V3 that is 'Wired Only'? I bought a used one on Amazon and it stated 'Wired Only'. I read that the only 'Wired Only' version was the original SliMP3 (2001). Because wireless is not that important to me, I bought one that said 'Wired Only' anyway. I'm just curious if they made a V3 that way.

Thanks in advance.

Phil Leigh
2010-02-12, 11:17
Is there a Squeezebox V3 that is 'Wired Only'? I bought a used one on Amazon and it stated 'Wired Only'. I read that the only 'Wired Only' version was the original SliMP3 (2001). Because wireless is not that important to me, I bought one that said 'Wired Only' anyway. I'm just curious if they made a V3 that way.

Thanks in advance.

Yes - I've got one (with Slim Devices logo, not Logitech) in Silver...
sb1 and 2 were also available as wired-only - had those too!

aubuti
2010-02-12, 11:19
Yes, when the SB3 was introduced they offered a wired-only version that was $50 less expensive than the wifi/wired. After a year or so they discontinued the wired-only version.

I am sure that the SB2 also had a wired-only model. I'm not sure about the SB1.

snarlydwarf
2010-02-12, 11:21
I am sure that the SB2 also had a wired-only model. I'm not sure about the SB1.

It did: I have one wireless and one wired SB2.

Wish I had bought both as wireless, but I was feeling cheap at the time.

(Actually the wired was pretty much a binge purchase. I realized very quickly that one SB was simply not enough.)

Gregavi
2010-02-12, 22:14
It did: I have one wireless and one wired SB2.

Wish I had bought both as wireless, but I was feeling cheap at the time.

(Actually the wired was pretty much a binge purchase. I realized very quickly that one SB was simply not enough.)

I assume you wish you had both as wireless because you preferred not running wires, when clearly wired is better from a performance standpoint. I have enough problems with a wired connection. I canít imagine dealing with the problems wireless presents when transferring a lot of data. Your wireless performs well? No sudden stoppage of music?

snarlydwarf
2010-02-13, 00:36
I assume you wish you had both as wireless because you preferred not running wires, when clearly wired is better from a performance standpoint. I have enough problems with a wired connection. I canít imagine dealing with the problems wireless presents when transferring a lot of data. Your wireless performs well? No sudden stoppage of music?

My wireless is fine unless the AP chokes.

Very little interference: right now I see only 2 other networks.

In a more urban setting it could very well be a problem.

For me it would give me a tad more flexibility.