PDA

View Full Version : Issues playing from Squeezebox Server

brownru
2010-02-12, 06:08
Hi, I don't know if this should be in the Newbie section, but I had Squeezebox up and running on another machine and switched machines. I am setting this up on a Windows 7 Home Premium machine. I remember I had the same problem on the other machine but cannot remember what the "fix" was. I have the latest version of Squeezebox installed and my library is scanned. I see all of the music in my folder. (there are some quirks with this as well, but I would be happy to get it running first and figure those out later.) Anyway, when I connect to the server from another machine remotely, the server sees the player. I load an album to play and click on the Play button and it immediately stops. I thought I read somewhere that you need a client on the server machine as well, so I installed Softsqueeze which I did not get working properly, (Mixer not supported: null, and some Java errors) and Squeezeslave which doesn't seem to work either. Can someone point me in the right direction? I really appreciate it!

Edit: I did install the Squeezeplay application which if I read correctly, is the client. It installed correctly but is doing the same thing; when I click the play button, it immediately stops. Also, the internet playback does work. It is only the files on my machine that don't play.