PDA

View Full Version : Harmony One/SB Classic+Radio conflict

Eivindz
2010-02-10, 15:12
I have a SB Classic and a SB Radio which I've tried to control with my Harmony One remote. It works fine, except that when I try to control one of them, I conrol both (they are in the same room). I installed the Classic and Radio as two separate activities.

Any suggestions?

MeSue
2010-02-10, 17:13
Tape over the IR sensor on one of them? Or use your hand to block the signal depending on which one you want to control. I did the blocking thing for a while, but it was a pain.

I ended up replacing the SB in my living room with a Receiver, which does not have IR. I can still control it via IR because I keep it synced with the Boom in the same room. Edit to add: "Other Players" plugin is used to turn on the Receiver from the Boom menus.

But now I have an iPod touch and usually just use iPeng.

toby10
2010-02-11, 06:09
There are two other options to consider...

SBS > Settings > Player > SB3 > Remote

1. Turn Off just the SB3/Classic's included IR remote (Slim-Devices-Remote), enable the JVC-DVD remote option, now control SB3 with with a JVC-DVD remote or a simple Universal IR remote with JVC-DVD codes.
To my knowledge the Radio does not have JVC-DVD IR remote capabilities. My Radio does not respond to my JVC-DVD IR remote.

2. Turn Off ALL SB3/Classic IR remote access, but then you loose independent IR control of that player.
This leaves SB3/Classic control left to:
- SBS web UI
- MySB.com web UI
- controlled by Radio
- Synced with Radio

Hopefully, some day, they will include IR control features (like turning OFF IR input) with the Radio for just this scenario.
The Radio has a nice front face button setup so IR control is not necessary. Not so with the SB3/Classic. :)

Eivindz
2010-02-11, 17:12
I'll try out these solutions.

I agree; the easiest would be to just block the IR on the radio. I don't use it anyway.

I'll probably end up buying a Controller. That will solve the problem, right?

toby10
2010-02-12, 04:55
I'll try out these solutions.

I agree; the easiest would be to just block the IR on the radio. I don't use it anyway.

I'll probably end up buying a Controller. That will solve the problem, right?

Yes. To get a feel for how the Controller would work try controlling the SB3 through the Radio (Radio *is* a Controller).
Radio > Settings > Choose Player > SB3