PDA

View Full Version : SB Classic - where do I turn off SHUFFLE

thewebgal
2010-02-08, 06:05
Got a new squeezebox classic last week, plugged it into power in my office and did all the configs right next to my Intel mac mini.
It took most of a day to get all the wireless configs to work and be happy, but once it was talking and running
I took it downstairs and plugged it into my stereo. used the remote to scroll through my music, picked an album,
hit play, and it sounded great. But - it was playing track 8 - when the next song played it was song 13 -
its shuffling through the album tracks! Tried another album, same thing.

How can I set this to just play through an album normal, playing tracks 1-10 in order??

I looked through the Classic manual and didn't see it.
I also looked in SB Server configs and didn't see a shuffle setting -
help help!!

bobkoure
2010-02-08, 06:24
I use the Web interface for this. Just click the shuffle button (rightmost button above the cover image in the default web ui).
There's also shuffle button on the remote, which AFAIK toggles through the different shuffle modes (no shuffle, shuffle by album, shuffle by track, maybe some others).
I'm pretty sure the other various remote control solutions (the controller, iPeng, Moose, etc.) can also do thios.

JJZolx
2010-02-08, 06:25
At least three ways:

1. Press the Shuffle button on the remote until you see 'Don't Shuffle Playlist'. There are two different shuffle modes, so you may have to press the button twice to get to off.

2. Using the remote, go out to the Home menu, then into Settings, then into Shuffle and scroll through the selections until you find 'Don't Shuffle Playlist'. Press the right-arrow to select it.

3. In the web interface, in the upper right is the player control. Press the shuffle button until you see the grayed-out image, which is off.

thewebgal
2010-02-08, 08:33
Thanks! I guess the intuitive thing was lost on me ... sheesh -
brought the Classic and remote up to my office, (next to my Mac mini & Airport Extreme)
I used the remote to cycle through the SB options and left it on "do not shuffle" - a few moments later it rebooted!

It seems to do that a lot.
Does 30,000+ songs push its limits?

usch
2010-02-08, 08:43
Does 30,000+ songs push its limits?
The Squeezebox itself does not know anything about your library, except for the one song that it is currently playing. That's entirely handled by the server.

Does it actually reboot (including the "Squeezebox" logo screen), or just reconnect?

thewebgal
2010-02-08, 10:16
The Squeezebox itself does not know anything about your library, except for the one song that it is currently playing. That's entirely handled by the server.

Does it actually reboot (including the "Squeezebox" logo screen), or just reconnect?

Looks like a reboot!
Display goes pitch black, then comes back with a logo and a welome and all of that ...
then leads me through checking configs - ugh!
It also seems like it loses the wifi connection too, from time to time,
this is too funky, even at a good discount of $180 -

I expected a working, simplified solution,
if I have to finesse it this much, I'll take a refund.
But that's okay, I just finished boxing it all back up,
I'm just waiting for an e-label (RMA number) and its going back!

I'm going to try other tech ...
I'll rebuild my old G4 mac mini and set it up with a small monitor downstairs instead ...
sheesh!

Siduhe
2010-02-08, 10:19
Trying to shuffle a single playlist of 30,000+ songs would cause problems, but a single album shouldn't be an issue.

usch
2010-02-08, 11:09
Looks like a reboot!
Display goes pitch black, then comes back with a logo and a welome and all of that ...
Yeah ... that looks like a hardware fault. Is that the one from the dented box offer? Maybe it wasn't only the box ... :( I would try to get a replacement rather than a refund.

thewebgal
2010-02-08, 13:37
Yeah ... that looks like a hardware fault. Is that the one from the dented box offer? Maybe it wasn't only the box ... :( I would try to get a replacement rather than a refund.

Life is too short to fool with funky hardware.
Just got the RMA number and sealed the box -
I'd haul it to UPS to go out today if it wasn't for this 24+ inches of snow everywhere!
Worst DC area snow for nearly 44 years!

So - how do I uninstall the Sb Server and all the related data files??