PDA

View Full Version : Where did the GUI go?

Evets
2010-02-05, 19:14
Hi,
I've been living with this problem for some months now,; it's time to seek help. Since upgrading to 7.4(?) I have not been able to access/open the GUI for Squeezecenter. I can open the Squeezebox Control Panel and I can play music via my Squezebox, but I can't operate the Squeezebox from my computer. Where did the GUI go? How do I get it back? Must I uninstall and reload an older version of Squeezecenter? I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit. Any and all advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

-Steve

pski
2010-02-05, 19:26
Hi,
I've been living with this problem for some months now,; it's time to seek help. Since upgrading to 7.4(?) I have not been able to access/open the GUI for Squeezecenter. I can open the Squeezebox Control Panel and I can play music via my Squezebox, but I can't operate the Squeezebox from my computer. Where did the GUI go? How do I get it back? Must I uninstall and reload an older version of Squeezecenter? I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit. Any and all advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

-Steve

In your favorite browser:

HTTP://localhost:9000

Be sure to bookmark..

P

Welcome to the fun...

Evets
2010-02-05, 22:14
Thank you for the help; unfortunately, I must be dumber than a post. I clicked on the link you kindly provided and received an error message. I then looked through the various menus in my web browser (Firefox 3.6) for a way to integrate or open Squeezeserver. I gather from your response that the solution is rather simple and, for most people, obvious. Apparently, I am not most people and need someone to hold my hand so I don't hurt myself. I thank you for trying to help me.

-Steve the Incompetent

Evets
2010-02-05, 22:22
Doh! Got it. All is finally clear. Thank you.

-Steve