PDA

View Full Version : forum thread categories

thewebgal
2010-02-03, 04:14
Just wondering why there is no main topic for Squeezebox Classic?
According to the Wiki its been out since 2005 - and I know the new gear (Radio, Touch and such) is replacing older gear - but folks still own it.

I just bought one in the Dented box sale, and I'd expect to read and share info with those who've been here before - unless its bad gear and dare not speak its name around here?

If the main Topic exists for it, I can't see it at Forums > User Forums
http://forums.slimdevices.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Thanks!

aubuti
2010-02-03, 07:24
Because individual forums for other devices only came into being when Slim Devices introduced the Duet. Up until then the General Discussion served well for the SliMP3 --> SB --> SB2 --> SB3 sequence of products, and accommodated the discussion of the discontinued products just fine. I'd say that General Discussion is still the de facto forum for SB3, and there isn't a need to create a new forum for it. Take a look and you'll see there's plenty of discussion of the SB3/Classic here. Similarly the Audiophile forum -- and to a lesser extent the General forum -- handles discussion of the Transporter satisfactorily. Just my opinion.

usch
2010-02-03, 08:08
Also, the topics often are not primarily about the Squeezebox itself (since the player alone doesn't really do much on its own), but about its interaction with the Squeezebox server, mysqueezebox.com, the plugins, or about the tags in your audio files. There are dedicated forums for all of these, and most of the topics there are equally relevant to the Squeezebox Classic as to any other player.

th00ht
2010-03-13, 13:16
Because individual forums for other devices only came into being when Slim Devices introduced the Duet. Up until then the General Discussion served well for the SliMP3 --> SB --> SB2 --> SB3 sequence of products, and accommodated the discussion of the discontinued products just fine. I'd say that General Discussion is still the de facto forum for SB3, and there isn't a need to create a new forum for it. Take a look and you'll see there's plenty of discussion of the SB3/Classic here. Similarly the Audiophile forum -- and to a lesser extent the General forum -- handles discussion of the Transporter satisfactorily. Just my opinion.

Please be honest. The real reason is that Logitech has dropped the Squeezebox, negating the point of having a seperate bord for it.

(a disgruntled, but happy squeezebox user)

aubuti
2010-03-13, 13:24
Please be honest. The real reason is that Logitech has dropped the Squeezebox, negating the point of having a seperate bord for it.

(a disgruntled, but happy squeezebox user)
So Einstein, then why didn't they *ever* have a separate forum for it? Meanwhile, the entire product line continues to be supported via firmware updates and the like. Save your "please be honest" requests for when you get a clue.