PDA

View Full Version : Now that the dust has settled...

mbonsack
2010-02-02, 21:17
Over the last few weeks there's been threads on "Marketing missteps", "Competition surpassing Squeeze...", and many comments along the likes of "...for the survival of Squeeze products...". The central component of each of these threads, in my mind, point to one thing -- the effects of the seemingly wholesale gutting of Slim Devices' development and marketing resources. Is the reason for being of Slim -- reasonably priced, high-quality streaming audio-only gear -- no longer relevant in today's customer base? Now that the "dust has settled" on Logitech's reorg, I'm curious to hear Logitech's take on the Slim acquisition and what it intends to do with the line moving forward.

I must give credit to those left in Squeeze group for doing a fantastic job with the resources they have. You all have done a fantastic job! I just don't understand Logitech's long-term goals with such a reduced staff.

snarlydwarf
2010-02-02, 21:32
Now that the "dust has settled" on Logitech's reorg,

you'll kick it back up?

I'm curious to hear Logitech's take on the Slim acquisition and what it intends to do with the line moving forward.

Logitech 'corporate masters' don't visit here often at all. Last time I saw one here was right after the acquisition.

You won't get the answer you want in this forum.

mbonsack
2010-02-02, 21:57
you'll kick it back up?

Nope; not my intent at all. It was simply said, by certain Logitech employees late last fall, that "when the dust settled" we'd get more info on what was going on. The absence of information is what in many cases causes the "Squeeze is fighting for survival" postings, etc. All we know now is that the numbers of folks working on Squeeze are way down -- and that can't, on the surface, be a positive thing. If there are indeed plans to go in a different direction with the product line that would be beneficial for Squeeze owners in the long run, hearing about those plans would go a long way toward a more positive tone in the forums.

epoch1970
2010-02-03, 01:49
I think the tone in the forums has changed a little. Devs are more present it seems. The Developers section is much more alive and positive than weeks ago.
And, things being as they are, I don't come across many corporations that thrive these days. IMHO for many 2010 is not going to be fun either. But I surely hope the Squeezebox BU (?) will bounce from a low reached in 2009.

ModelCitizen
2010-02-03, 05:10
I don't come across many corporations that thrive these days.
Really? Heard of Apple, Google?

MC