PDA

View Full Version : Jazz FM 91 from Toronto Canada

norderney
2010-02-01, 15:47
I have been listening to Jazz.FM 91 from Toronto via the URL:
http://216.123.189.13:8000/ but this stream is only 48k CBR

The station has e-mailed me another URL which is for their AAC+ feed, but it does not appear to work. The exact URL they sent me was:
rtmp://streamerdelta.jazz.fm/livejazz/livestream

Note it begins "rtmp" does this signify something or has it been mistyped?

When using this URL it just appears as File Format Unknown.

They gave me another link to this AAC+ feed which is www.jazz.fm/listen, but this only works from a web browser.

Any ideas?

bpa
2010-02-01, 15:54
RTMP is a Adobe Flash protocol - so it is a Flash/AAC stream which is not natively supported by Logitech.

That said, BBCiPlayer plays streams from BBC which are Flash/AAC (i.e. rtmp URLs) but the implementation is set up to only play RTMP streams from BBC source so you cannot just enter the URL into the Tune-in box or as a Favorite.

norderney
2010-02-01, 15:59
RTMP is a Adobe Flash protocol - so it is a Flash/AAC stream which is not natively supported by Logitech.

That said, BBCiPlayer plays streams from BBC which are Flash/AAC (i.e. rtmp URLs) but the implementation is set up to only play RTMP streams from BBC source so you cannot just enter the URL into the Tune-in box or as a Favorite.

So is there anything I can do to get this working or not? Shame it is an excellent radio station.

riffer
2010-02-02, 07:04
Search around a bit. I know they offer streams for WMP and a few others. I haven't looked into it much since I can receive it live via my tuner. BTW, it is the best station sonically in Toronto. Uncompressed signal. I used it to demo my excess tuners and receivers when I was clearing house a few years ago. I'm not even a big jazz fan, but I put it on once in a while just to remind myself what FM was like once.

bpa
2010-02-02, 07:40
Search around a bit. I know they offer streams for WMP and a few others.

These are the 48k MP3 stream in both ASX and pls playlist formats which OP mentions in 1st post.