PDA

View Full Version : Has Logitech changed screensaver setting?

New Daddy
2010-02-01, 11:01
My SB Boom used to display the current time in big bold numbers which were easy to see.
Now it displays date & time. It's just too much information in too little space, and I can't read anything from a distance.
I've checked the settings but there seems to be no option to display just the time.
Has Logitech changed it?
Is there anyway to force my SB Boom to display just the time when it's off?

Siduhe
2010-02-01, 11:13
Have you changed the size of the display font? This also affects the screen saver and would give the sort of behaviour you describe.

On the Boom, go to Settings/Display/Size (I think - not at my Boom at the moment) - or use the Size button if you have old style remote.

jnoseworthy
2010-02-01, 12:07
Hi Folks:

As a Blind Squeezebox Boom owner, the only way that I can operate my
unit is from a computer using screenreading software and the preset
buttons on the box. Is there any way that I can save and reload
different groups of presets? If not, to whom should I ask this
question? I suspect that a plugin could be developed to accomplish this.

Thanks all over the place gang.

New Daddy
2010-02-01, 17:59
Have you changed the size of the display font? This also affects the screen saver and would give the sort of behaviour you describe.

On the Boom, go to Settings/Display/Size (I think - not at my Boom at the moment) - or use the Size button if you have old style remote.

I've tried that already, but still SB displays date & time in fonts that are far smaller than used to display time only previously.

aubuti
2010-02-01, 20:58
Did you do that on the Boom itself (via front panel controls or remote), or did you do it via the web ui? If you did it on the Boom itself, try it on the web ui: Settings > Player > [select Boom in left drop down menu] > Display > Standby Font. Also change the "Font" setting if you like. You want either "Full" or "Full Narrow".

Or do you have an old style remote from an SB/SB2/SB3? If so, use the size button on that

New Daddy
2010-02-03, 06:41
Did you do that on the Boom itself (via front panel controls or remote), or did you do it via the web ui? If you did it on the Boom itself, try it on the web ui: Settings > Player > [select Boom in left drop down menu] > Display > Standby Font. Also change the "Font" setting if you like. You want either "Full" or "Full Narrow".

Or do you have an old style remote from an SB/SB2/SB3? If so, use the size button on that

I tried it on the Web UI, and it worked!
Now the front panel displays the time only in big fonts.
Thanks!