PDA

View Full Version : iPeng - sync issue or incorrect setting ?

socistep
2010-01-31, 14:40
Hi

I've noticed a potential bug with iPeng, has anyone else seen this ? or for pippin is this something you are aware of.

I normally keep 3 players in sync, a Duet, a Boom and a radio, I either have all of them turned on at the same time or just play one or two zones at a time.

Currently I have the Radio playing only and the Duet/Boom powered off, if I use iPeng to change album/playlist then it turns on the Duet in error (the Boom stays turned off) - as the Duet is in the living room this is bringing about understandable complaints from the other half who is watching TV.

I tested this a few times with iPeng and had the same result, I then tried exactly the same process with Duet controller and the GUI on laptop and this worked as expected, I changed album/playlist and the Duet stayed powered off.

Would appreciate any advice on this one.

Thanks
Ian

pippin
2010-01-31, 14:52
Are you sure the Radio is the active device in iPeng? Have a look at the players screen (swipe right on NowPlaying).

What exactly does "Change Playlist" mean? You play a new album or playlist?

socistep
2010-01-31, 15:43
Are you sure the Radio is the active device in iPeng? Have a look at the players screen (swipe right on NowPlaying).

What exactly does "Change Playlist" mean? You play a new album or playlist?

...or user error :-)

Thanks for the reply Pippin, there is no issue, just user error. I didn't realise the implications of the active device, but that explains the problem - I had the Duet highlighted as active player, so it was correctly being switched on, I know now for future

Thanks
Ian

pippin
2010-01-31, 16:13
I had the Duet highlighted as active player, so it was correctly being switched on, I know now for future

Yes, there's a bit of logic around switching synced players on/off:

1. If you play something, the currently selected player will always be turned on. If no player is "on" before that, the active player will also become the "master" of the sync group (little implication other than towards sorting the list)

2. If you press the main "power" button, it depends on the status:
- If one or all players are "on", ALL players will be turned "off". This is the "leave home" function.
- If all players are "off", ALL players will be turned "on". This is mainly because you don't really need to power on a single device due to 1.

You can always control the individual players on the players page.

ALL menu actions on the main menu refer to the active players, even menus itself can change, e.g. if some players have different Apps configured.