PDA

View Full Version : Making Squeezebox boom and server play synchronized

johanfo
2010-01-31, 09:05
Hi,

I believe this is a simple question, but I havent managed to find a solution to it.

I have a laptop running Sqeezebox server, and a Squeezebox boom device. Making the Boom device play is a no-brainer, however, how do I make both devices play the same music at synchronized?

Is there an easy way to do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

aubuti
2010-01-31, 09:10
Welcome to the forums.

The server software is just that, server software. It's not player software. To get the music to play from your computer you need to install player software such as SoftSqueeze, squeezeslave, or Squeezeplay.

Even after you do that, however, perfect sync between a hardware player like the Boom and a software player is not guaranteed. It may work okay for you, or it may not. There are too many variables involved in the pc playback (eg, sound card driver latencies, etc) that the server cannot control. This may not be a problem for you if the pc and the Boom are far enough apart that you don't hear both at the same time.

johanfo
2010-01-31, 12:18
Thanks for the reply! A lot of help!!

BTW, are any of you aware of any winamp plugin to it synchronized with the other Squeeze devices

JF

aubuti
2010-01-31, 16:04
No, there isn't any such plugin at present for WinAmp. Technically it is possible, and the required protocol is fully documented, but no one has taken the time to write that plugin.