PDA

View Full Version : Can't open file for....

Eserim
2010-01-31, 03:22
I've seen a few posts on similar issues, but none seem to be the same setup. Mine is on a WIRED SB2, wired to wireless router, which connects to Win 7 x64 Ultimate running 7.4.1.

I can't be sure if it all worked fine before 7.4, as I think I moved to that at the same time as Win7, but it is getting to be an issue. And I'm not sure where the fault is - my router is a old Dynamode one - not a common model.

When not playing the SB often loses connection for a few seconds (clock vanishes and message appears) - but I think this is another issue

Any ideas?

Cheers

Eserim

bpa
2010-01-31, 05:54
The "cant open file for" message means SBS cannot transcode the requested item into an audio format which can be played on the player.

So more info would help

1. What is the format of the audio you are playing ?
2. Have you enabled bit rate limiting ?
3. Are you synching with or using a software player ?

Eserim
2010-01-31, 10:41
Hi

Well this mornings errors were both on MP3 (99% or so of my music is after I re-ripped last year) - one track was 195kbps VBR, the other 192kbps CBR. Bit Rate limiting is greyed out as it says I don't have LAME installed (I do, but I guess it can't find it)

Cheers

Eserim

bpa
2010-01-31, 13:46
Unless you have disabled MP3 native in WebUI Settings/Advanced/Filetypes - there is no reason I can think of.

I suggest stop SBS, clear Cache and then start SBS and clear and rebuild library.

If problem perists then get a log with player.source set to DEBUG and player.streaming set to DEBUG when you try to play a problem track. Copy into a text file the log entries from start of test. Zip the text file and attach to a post.

Eserim
2010-01-31, 14:57
cheers- I should have said - the tracks all play fine a second time

bpa
2010-01-31, 15:43
A log would help show what is happening.

Eserim
2010-04-18, 00:59
OK - a long time since it last happened and the display doesn't show anything now, but running new version of software (Version: 7.5.0 - r30464 @ Thu Apr 1 05:51:56 PDT 2010) see attached logs - repeated fails

Cheers

Eserim

Phil Leigh
2010-04-18, 01:11
did you have player.source debug on?

Eserim
2010-04-18, 01:16
Nope - alas I'd turned everything back to "error" as it seemed fine - my suspicions still lie in a PC>>Router issue as it is the same time as I get

Name resolution for the name dns.msftncsi.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

In the event log, one I haven't been able to resolve

Cheers

Eserim