PDA

View Full Version : streaming on iphone

nervoteso
2010-01-25, 08:39
Hi,

i would like listening to music stored on my qnap (squeeze center installed on qnap 109 ts II) with my iphone when i'm not at home. I tried with squeeze mobile but it doesn't work. anyone does know other softwares?

davep
2010-01-25, 09:01
Hi,

i would like listening to music stored on my qnap (squeeze center installed on qnap 109 ts II) with my iphone when i'm not at home. I tried with squeeze mobile but it doesn't work. anyone does know other softwares?

How about SimplifyMedia - not using Squeezebox Server but does what I think you are looking for.

davep

pippin
2010-01-25, 09:08
Hi,

Have you tried SqueezePod?

nervoteso
2010-01-25, 13:14
Have you tried SqueezePod?

yes i'm trying but it's not working. it says "connection was lost". it works only on wifi in my house but not on 3g away from home. i think it's qnap, it's not fast enough

nervoteso
2010-01-25, 13:15
How about SimplifyMedia - not using Squeezebox Server but does what I think you are looking for.

davep

i can't install simplify on qnap

nervoteso
2010-01-25, 14:05
it's working, squeezepod! i've set a lower bitrate in the SC and it works also on 3g

patrija
2010-02-21, 19:58
I installed squeezepod this evening and it seems to be working.

Is there anyway to select a Playlist? Right now I can only figure out how to select an artist-album.

nervoteso
2010-02-22, 08:17
I installed squeezepod this evening and it seems to be working.

Is there anyway to select a Playlist? Right now I can only figure out how to select an artist-album.

I think it's not possible, however you could try to put your playlist in a specific folder. we should suggest developers of this software to include a playlist option as well as a random option. it could be useful. squeeze mobile includes both but it's not working on my iphone. squeezepod works perfectly

patrija
2010-02-23, 09:54
What I found that I could do is go into SC or Ipeng, assign the Playlist to the SqueezePod player. That then shows up in SqueezePod as the scheduled playlist.

However, my Squeezepod consistently drops connection after just 1-2 minutes. During that time I can see it in SC. I'm also able to browse select an artist album. Any ideas??

patrija
2010-02-23, 09:57
What I found that I could do is go into SC or Ipeng, assign the Playlist to the SqueezePod player. That then shows up in SqueezePod as the scheduled playlist.

However, my Squeezepod consistently drops connection after just 1-2 minutes. During that time I can see it in SC. I'm also able to browse select an artist album. I'm reduced lame down the 64kbs, but even that doesn't helm. Any ideas??

nervoteso
2010-03-01, 06:33

However, my Squeezepod consistently drops connection after just 1-2 minutes. During that time I can see it in SC. I'm also able to browse select an artist album. I'm reduced lame down the 64kbs, but even that doesn't helm. Any ideas??

try to set 320 kbs...also, are your file in mp3 or flac? squeezepod doesn't read flac, i suppose