PDA

View Full Version : Radio crash

Marc
2010-01-24, 09:23
I was testing the pop-before-faded-in-alarm-audio case when this crash occurred. I had repeated the process of setting an alarm (using the Radio dial/buttons) a couple of minutes in advance between a dozen and 20 times. The Radio then went into a strange state where audioState was 64 (I presume this is output as a decimal value, and not hex, by the underlying Lua log output routine). So, it appears audioState was set to DECODE_STATE_AUTOSTART. There were no discernible disconnect or reconnect events around this time. The radio then refused to output any audio at all (not server originated, not a local onboard file, not even button press sounds). Audio output was entirely frozen.

Shortly after this situation occurred, while I was attempting to glean details (it would be nice if the menu included an additional runtime diagnostic option that when selected invoked a debug routine which spit out all kinds of state - decodeState, audioState, server connectivity state, etc. to facilitate better post-mortem) the crash occurred.

Not all log output is included in the attached file, but most everything germane is, I believe.

Might be a leaked resource of some kind in the underlying alarm handling path (or maybe not)...

Marc

p.s. I'm running the latest 7.4.2 with my updated AlarmSnooze applet modifications as posted in the other alarm thread...

mbonsack
2010-01-24, 13:02
The radio then refused to output any audio at all (not server originated, not a local onboard file, not even button press sounds). Audio output was entirely frozen.

Many people, including me, have run into this "no audio" problem with the radios. Prior to your crash, did the logs in any way indicate why/how the radio got into this state?

Marc
2010-01-24, 17:43
Many people, including me, have run into this "no audio" problem with the radios. Prior to your crash, did the logs in any way indicate why/how the radio got into this state?

Unfortunately, the crash and reboot seemed to destroy the log that represented the failure. There seems to be SqueezeOS code that's looking for a '/var/log/lastlog' after reboot, but it's never there. I wish the logs were saved more conservatively than they are.

The crashlog referenced, '/root/crashlog.PTNo7h', also appears to be gone.

So, what is posted is all I've got, since the log got wiped...

Marc