PDA

View Full Version : Sheevaplug and USB drive query

Croc
2010-01-22, 04:49
G'day folks

After a few problems (and a lot of help), I have recently set up SBS on a SheevaPlug with an Iomega 1TB usb hard drive attached to the Plug. Everything works well, but I cannot see the Sheeva under Vista networking or even in the client list of my router. This means that to copy music to the external hard drive, I have to unconnect the drive, plug it into the main computer, copy files then plug it back into the Sheeva.

Is there some way of mapping the drive (or the usb HD) to a shortcut on the Vista machine so that I can just drag and drop files?

Cheers

Croc

raven22
2010-01-22, 10:30
If Samba does not work you can use WinSCP. Maybe a bit slower but should work fine.

truehl
2010-01-22, 12:06
G'day folks
Is there some way of mapping the drive (or the usb HD) to a shortcut on the Vista machine so that I can just drag and drop files?
Croc

As raven22 already mentioned you can use samba. Samba is a bit tricky to setup but setting it up with webmin is a bit easyer. You can read my guide to setup webmin. You will find a lot of guides to setup samba with webmin. I've got it easyly to work.
Greetings Thomas

Croc
2010-01-23, 04:41
Many thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

Cheers

Croc