PDA

View Full Version : Squeezecenter on Zyxel NSA-220 Plus?

gunnar
2010-01-20, 14:45
I just got this NAS. I installed new firmware (3.22), which provided a package manager that let me install Squeezecenter from the NAS menu. Very convenient! But I`m not sure where to put my music. The NAS has several default shares, like photo, music, admin etc. I assumed that music was the folder to use, but Squeezecenter doesn`t find anything when scanning for new music? In the Settings menu, I can not edit the path to the music folder, and the path is not shown. There is a non editable text field that tell me to use the NAS Media server settings to choose the music folder. Didn`t work so far.

So I would like to know how to do this..

Gunnar

arragon
2010-03-02, 00:55
Please let me know if you find a solution to this. I'm running a NSA210 and have the exact same problem. It's as if we're the first to run this software.

I'm doing a bit more googling, then off to support. I'll let you know how I get on

David

thematrixz
2010-03-08, 06:42
Check out this thread. I had the same problem with Squeezecenter 7.2 (the orginal version for US NSA210), I upgraded to v.7.2 and it found all my music which stored under the Music folder.

The web interface is still slow, but at lease the scan works.

forum.zyxel.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1169&sid=07414f900964034e55fab508b650c717

I'm new with 1 post, so I can't post link, just copy and paste.

gunnar
2010-03-28, 13:07
Thanks! Unfortunately, the last post in that thread is mine..
Is yours working? Still no success here.

Gunnar

gunnar
2010-03-29, 13:38
Turned on the NSA-220 today, and for some reason Squeezecenter works! The last time I tried the WEB-interface never seemed to load, and I assumed that SC didn`t work. This time I tried one of my players. At first it wouldn`t connect, but after a while, maybe 10 minutes it downloaded new firmware, and after a restart it played! Search is slower than my old P4 Linux-PC, but absolutely acceptable. Now I`m copying in some new music. It will probably take some time to update the server, but it doesn`t matter much.

Gunnar