PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Album Art not Showing up

dSly
2010-01-18, 19:08
I am using SqueezeServer 7.4.1 and checked off the album art option under iTunes but album art is not showing up in the Squeezeserver player window (I am using Softsqueeze but I don't think that matters as album art from MP3s that were ripped with Windows Media Player do show up).

I realize it says that album art from iTunes is experimental but it is known to work?

Thanks.

elstensoftware
2010-01-19, 02:36
First off, the standard question is "have you done a Squeezecenter rescan?" but given you say other art is showing fine I'm sure you have.

Not sure what version of iTunes you are using, but generally if you have the automatic album art feature turned on in iTunes it downloads the art and stores it in iTunes, not in the music file or anywhere else.

This means, when you look at it in Squeezeserver, you cannot see the art because Squeezeserver just looks for the art in a file in the same directory or the art embedded in the music file.

It's only when you manually add art to albums in iTunes that the art is embedded. Try that. You could also try a manual music tagger like mp3tag to look inside your music files to see if the art is embedded.

dSly
2010-01-20, 16:29
First off, the standard question is "have you done a Squeezecenter rescan?" but given you say other art is showing fine I'm sure you have.

Yes, multiple times.

Not sure what version of iTunes you are using, but generally if you have the automatic album art feature turned on in iTunes it downloads the art and stores it in iTunes, not in the music file or anywhere else.

This means, when you look at it in Squeezeserver, you cannot see the art because Squeezeserver just looks for the art in a file in the same directory or the art embedded in the music file.

It's only when you manually add art to albums in iTunes that the art is embedded. Try that. You could also try a manual music tagger like mp3tag to look inside your music files to see if the art is embedded.
I'm using the latest version of iTunes (9.0.2) and assume it is on automatic album art. I saw your suggestions but is there a setting of iTunes that would stick album art in the same directories of each album? (instead of having to do it after the fact)

elstensoftware
2010-01-21, 02:19
I'm sorry, I don't know of such an option.

dSly
2010-01-24, 07:22
Weird thing happened to me yesterday: I copied to my "music server" a few CDs that were ripped in iTunes but on another computer. Album art is showing properly in SqueezeServer for those (as opposed to the album art for the CDs that were ripped with iTunes on the music server itself). I don't get it; there's got to be some kind of different setting between the two iTunes running on the two different computers...

dSly
2010-07-24, 05:54
I'm still struggling (failing) to have iTunes Album Art show up in Squeezeserver (and the players). Older tracks that were ripped with Windows Media Player have album art show up in Squeezeserver but not the most recent ones that were ripped with iTunes. Isn't squeezeserver supposed to handle iTunes? Any advice will be appreciated.