PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated by softsqueeze

fredpb
2010-01-15, 23:06
How to get Softsqueeze running?????????????????????????????????????
When the application starts, the window says connection failed.
I have put in IP of server, name of computer, etc. I reinstalled Java.

Help?

bpa
2010-01-16, 01:00
More info will always help.

Assuming you are using v3.9b1 and SBS 7.4.x

Do you have a real player and so verify that SBS is running OK ?

Normally Softsqueeze is started from the WebUI of your SBS. Softsqueeze detects a working SBS from broadcats info. So if SOftsqueeze cannot see your SBS and Softsqueeze is running on same system as SBS - I think SBS install is broken. If Softsqueeze is running on a different system to your SBS - check your firewalls on both systems.

fredpb
2010-01-16, 14:22
More info will always help.

Assuming you are using v3.9b1 and SBS 7.4.xYes

Do you have a real player and so verify that SBS is running OK ?Yes

Normally Softsqueeze is started from the WebUI of your SBS. Softsqueeze detects a working SBS from broadcats info. So if SOftsqueeze cannot see your SBS and Softsqueeze is running on same system as SBS - I think SBS install is broken. If Softsqueeze is running on a different system to your SBS - check your firewalls on both systems.

It is on the same PC.

There is no documentation on how to use this. If it is in SBS, where?
It says it cannot see the server, I don't know what to put in the server id field

>>>>>>>>>>got it working. It wanted 127.0.0.1 into the server field....doh.

bpa
2010-01-16, 14:54
Softsqueeze usually discovers the SBS - if on the same PC it will use localhost so perhaps your security s/w has removed localhost definition.

MelonMonkey
2010-01-18, 09:24
My personal suggestion (and what I do): Run Squeezeslave (headless) instead. Then simply control it from your web browser. Unobtrusive, low CPU usage, 0 CPU usage when idle, essentially transparent.