PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Popup window

Philip Meyer
2010-01-15, 17:40
Posted some messages yesterday via mailing list, but the forum/mailing list is broken, so they didn't get through; hence this re-post:

What should be displayed on Player A if Player A is controlling Player B and:
- an alarm occurs on Player A?
- an alarm occurs on Player B?

eg. if Player A is in a bedroom, but was previously controlling another player? Should it:
- Switch back to control itself when the alarm occurs, showing the alarm screensaver (i.e. currently the Alarm Popup window)?
- Play music on Player A, but not show the alarm screensaver, because it's controlling Player B, and there's no alarm on Player B?
- Play music and display the alarm popup, but still be controlling Player B?

Philip Meyer
2010-01-15, 17:42
>What should be displayed on Player A if Player A is controlling Player B:
>
I think I know the answer to this now - it will switch back to control itself.

I think this is happening for me, incorrectly, with the latest 7.5/trunk and latest Touch firmware.

Every time I start my local SBS server, I incorrectly get an alarm popup window on the Touch (there are no configured alarms on Touch). When I exit this dialog, I see that it is no longer controlling my other player but now controlling itself.

I'm still seeing weird effects of the alarm code, even after the fix to stop the popup issue on server restart. i.e. at restart, it now seems to be losing the player that it was previously controlling (defaults to control self).

bluegaspode
2010-01-16, 01:53
I think I know the answer to this now - it will switch back to control itself.
Yes - otherwise you wouldn't be able to stop the alarm.

What should be displayed on Player A if Player A is controlling Player B and:
- an alarm occurs on Player B?
An alarm popup will be on Player B
You might be able to stop it with player A by pressing pause.
Then two things could happen:
- alarm window vanishes, audio stops
- alarm window doesn't vanish, audio stops - but since the alarm has not properly been canceled, the fallback tune starts.

Could you try this out ?

If the alarm happens on the other device currently you just can stop it from there.

I'm still seeing weird effects of the alarm code, even after the fix to stop the popup issue on server restart. i.e. at restart, it now seems to be losing the player that it was previously controlling (defaults to control self).

You do have the latest firmware (which does not popup the alarm window on reboot anymore) and still see that on restart the touch switches to control itself ?

Could you provide logs from the Touch (on radio they are under /var/log/messages) when you SSH into the Touch ? Then one could see if it really comes from the changes alarm code (or is just default behaviour on restart of the Touch) ?

toby10
2010-01-16, 05:11
Same here Philip. My Touch keeps giving me Alarm notices to Snooze or Turn Off Alarm, yet no Alarm was set.
Then Touch resorts back to itself (no longer controlling my other player). This likely explains my confusing post elsewhere where Touch seems to lose control of my other player.

I suspect this bogus Alarm is coming from the beta-MySB server. SBS shows all Alarms OFF, but beta-MySB shows as Alarms ON and it won't allow me to turn them Off.
See if yours is the same.