PDA

View Full Version : Logitech brain-dead-edness

byKnight
2010-01-14, 12:20
So I wanted to pick up an extra remote. I've bought squeezeboxes and accessories online before from the company web site.

But I couldn't find accessories for sale on the Squeezebox web site any more. Then I see the sticky post above that, since December, accessories are not available at the web site any more with an expression that they hope to have them available soon.

Another disconnect with the Joe Customer.

aubuti
2010-01-14, 12:26
Did you actually go to the www.logitech.com site? The Boom and Touch remotes are there and listed as being in stock.

DaveWr
2010-01-14, 12:31
Maybe for US customers.....

Japes
2010-01-14, 12:35
Ripcaster appear to have remotes in the UK

https://www.ripcaster.co.uk/node/483

signor_rossi
2010-01-14, 12:48
Very hard to find these remotes...
Support->Product Support->Audio->Squeezebox Touch-> buttom right there is the link for replacement parts, the remote is there.

Mnyb
2010-01-14, 13:29
Very hard to find these remotes...
Support->Product Support->Audio->Squeezebox Touch-> buttom right there is the link for replacement parts, the remote is there.

Nope, can not see that link in neither the Swedish or the UK page ??

testmatch
2010-01-14, 14:09
Nope, can not see that link in neither the Swedish or the UK page ??

For the UK try http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/349/4876&cl=gb,en&pcid=4872

I check there every day hoping to be able to order the battery for my Radio. I'll repeat my comment from last autumn - Logitech sell things despite their website, and not because of it!

John

Mnyb
2010-01-14, 14:22
For the UK try http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/349/4876&cl=gb,en&pcid=4872

I check there every day hoping to be able to order the battery for my Radio. I'll repeat my comment from last autumn - Logitech sell things despite their website, and not because of it!

John

Wow wonderful link, how did you find this ! there is no link to the spare part shop from the main site anymore ?
Before it was hopeless now it is comedy :) beyond words .
Next step scrapping the whole spare shop because "nobody is buying anything".

Edit: all "old" SB3 & tranporter type remotes are absent, only boom remote for sale ,bizzare

aubuti
2010-01-14, 14:47
Maybe for US customers.....
...such as the OP, to whom I was responding.

kphinney
2010-01-14, 15:16
My ailing Transporter remote finally became a dog-toy this weekend. After not being able to find a replacement on-line I called Logitech Support and it was actually suggested I BUY A LOGITECH HARMONY REMOTE FOR $399!!!!!

With the advent of more digital streamers every day (both consumer and audiophile grade) you'd think they would at least learn their own product line and support the customer.

I owe thanks to Pippen his and iPeng for keeping me up and running.

testmatch
2010-01-14, 15:33
Wow wonderful link, how did you find this !

Pure luck! It appeared one day at the extreme bottom right of Products > Audio > Wi-Fi Music Players so I bookmarked it. I see it's still there on the UK site, but apparently not on the Swedish site. My Swedish extends to "thanks" and "four strawberry ice creams please" but even I can see the corresponding page on that site has a very different link there!

John

Mnyb
2010-01-14, 15:52
Pure luck! It appeared one day at the extreme bottom right of Products > Audio > Wi-Fi Music Players so I bookmarked it. I see it's still there on the UK site, but apparently not on the Swedish site. My Swedish extends to "thanks" and "four strawberry ice creams please" but even I can see the corresponding page on that site has a very different link there!

John

This get even weirder I managed to see the spare store for a short while on uk site ,but those adds at the bottom of the page *changes* huh ?! now it's "free shipping" and spare store is gone again ?

bpa
2010-01-14, 16:04
Alter the country code and you can get a swedish version with SEK pricing

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/349/4876&cl=se,sv&pcid=4872

Don't know what happens if you try to order.

Mnyb
2010-01-14, 21:23
Alter the country code and you can get a swedish version with SEK pricing

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/349/4876&cl=se,sv&pcid=4872

Don't know what happens if you try to order.

It should work I've ordered a battery once , when it was possible to find the page.

audiomuze
2010-01-14, 22:08
nothing new here, this has been a joke from the outset. Glad I purchased 5 backlit remotes as spares when I did - had to have them delivered to a friend in the US.

Mnyb
2010-01-14, 22:46
I wonder if I'm really should post this...

Transporter is still a current product you can order it, but not the remote as spare ?

What if you broken or misplaced your remote and needs to factory or xilink reset the machine = brick ?

Same applies to a recently sold SB Classic ,but you would not lose the same ammount of $$$ .

I think this tread is almost done now , it's sufficiently rubbed in now that the "spare part sales does not work".

And the OP got 50% answer, he got a link to the spare site .

Remains for Logitech to explain why you cant get a remote on that site ?

Maybe an email directly to sales, they probably can work something out anyway , despite the efforts by the rest of logitech. There is some very nice people in that organization.

Matt Parry helped me once, when the cradles for controller was not available in Europe (they are now took almost a year to get there).
I think he has fixed boom mounting brackets for non us people to ?
Another item thats is completely mia for the moment.

mparry@slimdevices.com hopefully he don't mind me posting the adress.

DaveWr
2010-01-15, 01:14
Second your comment,

Matt Parry helped me get a remote. Really helpful guy.

Dave

aubuti
2010-01-15, 05:48
And the OP got 50% an
Maybe an email directly to sales, they probably can work something out anyway , despite the efforts by the rest of logitech. There is some very nice people in that organization.

Matt Parry helped me once, when the cradles for controller was not available in Europe (they are now took almost a year to get there).
I think he has fixed boom mounting brackets for non us people to ?
Another item thats is completely mia for the moment.

mparry@slimdevices.com hopefully he don't mind me posting the adress.swer, he got a link to the spare site .

Remains for Logitech to explain why you cant get a remote on that site ?

But he _can_ get a remote at that site. It would have to be a Boom or Touch remote, but either work just fine with any other SB. Yes, the Logitech online spares shop is broken for many countries, though not for the OP's. The site does need to be fixed for other countries.

Mnyb
2010-01-15, 06:25
But he _can_ get a remote at that site. It would have to be a Boom or Touch remote, but either work just fine with any other SB. Yes, the Logitech online spares shop is broken for many countries, though not for the OP's. The site does need to be fixed for other countries.

I saw only the boom remote at the UK/SE site, have to try more options ?

But good new power supply's and adapter plates is now possible to get to Sweden (but again if one finds the page,which is virtually impossible )

Edit: Aha the US site have direct links to the spare shop from each product page ! thats missing from everywhere else :)

aubuti
2010-01-15, 06:43
I saw only the boom remote at the UK/SE site, have to try more options ?

But good new power supply's and adapter plates is now possible to get to Sweden (but again if one finds the page,which is virtually impossible )
I feel we are talking past each other. You wrote that the OP got a 50% answer because he got a link and no way to order the remote. However the OP is in the US, and both the Boom and Touch remotes are listed as "in stock" on Logitech's US site. So the OP should be fine.

I took a look at the UK and SE sites, and I don't see the Touch remote at either of those. So you may be out of luck right now, but not the OP.

Mnyb
2010-01-15, 07:24
I feel we are talking past each other. You wrote that the OP got a 50% answer because he got a link and no way to order the remote. However the OP is in the US, and both the Boom and Touch remotes are listed as "in stock" on Logitech's US site. So the OP should be fine.

I took a look at the UK and SE sites, and I don't see the Touch remote at either of those. So you may be out of luck right now, but not the OP.

You are right I checked the US site:
it has direct links to the spare shop from each product page ! that is missing from everywhere else, that's the problem !
And there you can have the Touch remote.
Hopefully the Touch remote can be used with the old products.

aubuti
2010-01-15, 07:38
Hopefully the Touch remote can be used with the old products.
It can. It doesn't have a Size button or a Brightness button. The Brightness button is used for firmware updates for some players, so those players will have to be set to auto-update the firmware. I think that's the default setting in recent firmwares anyway.

killie99
2010-01-15, 08:10
Ripcaster appear to have remotes in the UK

https://www.ripcaster.co.uk/node/483

rather expensive for network cables! If anyone needs some then I suggest you buy from here (in the UK) http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Electrical/Data+Telecoms/d190/sd2745

ghostrider
2010-01-15, 08:10
Great point made about xlinux reset. I think I'm going to put my Transporter remote aside and use my controller and the web interface for day to day use.

DaveWr
2010-01-15, 08:36
Don't forget to turn off the displays as well, they are EOL.

byKnight
2010-01-15, 09:23
FWIW, the December post in the following thread, I guess, is consistent with my experience yesterday.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=60403

At the logitech.com, the only accessories for "Wi-Fi Music" products that I can find our the SBC and the SBR.

aubuti
2010-01-15, 10:34
FWIW, the December post in the following thread, I guess, is consistent with my experience yesterday.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=60403

At the logitech.com, the only accessories for "Wi-Fi Music" products that I can find our the SBC and the SBR.
Then you're not looking in the right place (assuming that since your forum profile says you are in the US, that that is where you are trying to buy).

1. go to www.logitech.com. Confirm that you have the US site by looking at the flag on the lower left of the home page.

2. choose Products > Audio > Wi-Fi Music Players from the pop-up/drop-down menus

3a. click on Squeezebox Touch > Support > Replacement Parts > Touch Remote Control (P/N 993-000288) [Add to Cart]

OR

3b. click on Squeezebox Boom > Support > Replacement Parts > Remote Control for SB Boom (P/N 993-000200 but "part number on the unit is 830-000030") [Add to Cart]

Either the Boom remote or the Touch remote will work with any SB. I'd recommend the Touch remote, assuming that it's really available in advance of the Touch itself. This link may work for the Touch remote: http://buy.logitech.com/store/logib2c/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryid.28136200?WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd

EDIT: sorry for lousy quality of screenshot, but the link above should take you there.