Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dbalt
    • Jan 2010

Touch Preorder cancelled

Amazon just sent me a message that my Touch preorder (Chrismas present) was cancelled. Anyone else with the same problem? What gives?
  • gellie
    • Nov 2009

I think the touch has been sheleved.. When i call to cancel, the sales rep told me "they have no idea if it will be released,she claims they usually know ~3 months prior. She completly understood wjy i cancled...

Comment

• snarlydwarf
      • Jul 2005

Really? Because someone should tell Andy and Michael and Felix and everyone else checking in code that they're wasting their time...

Or it could be your guess is wrong and the Touch is very much in active development trying to get everything happy.

Comment

• mlsstl
        • Jan 2007

Interesting about them canceling your order. I pre-ordered one in mid-December. Just checked and it is still showing that status in my Amazon account info. Likewise, I've not received an email advising any change.

There was a post by a Logitech employee in this forum (perhaps two or so weeks ago) that said they anticipate a February release. I'd find it odd that they'd start canceling pre-orders at this point, already halfway through January.

I'll watch and post back if anything happens over the next few days.

Comment

• snarlydwarf
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by mlsstl
          Interesting about them canceling your order. I pre-ordered one in mid-December. Just checked and it is still showing that status in my Amazon account info. Likewise, I've not received an email advising any change.
          Amazon most likely cancels "preorders that have been in the queue more than X days".

Comment

• SteveEast
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by snarlydwarf
            Amazon most likely cancels "preorders that have been in the queue more than X days".
            Yup, I got a message asking if I wanted to continue waiting. If I didn't confirm then the order would be cancelled.

Steve.
            Home: 3*SB3 (1 dead), 1*Touch, 1*Boom, 5*Radio, iPeng/SqueezePad on 2G iPad, SbS 7.5.1 on Acer Aspire easyStore H340 WHS.
            Cabin: 1*Touch running 7.5.0 on itself with 32GB SDHC card.

Comment

• BrianB
              • Jan 2010

Interesting. You can't preorder it at Amazon anymore:

My order hasn't been canceled yet, but who knows? You can still preorder at Crutchfield, PCConnection, B&H, etc.

And you can still preorder it at the logitech squeezebox site:

Comment

• Dbalt
                • Jan 2010

Changed delivery address

May have been canceled because my wife had originally ordered it to be delivered to a neighbors house (surprise). When I changed the delivery site is when this happened. When I tried to reorder, it was listed as not available. I got a duet and love it but want more whole house coverage and was looking forward to the Touch.

Comment

• mlsstl
                  • Jan 2007

Interesting, on Amazon the Touch seems to have dropped into a black hole - it doesn't exist anymore! (Though my pre-order still shows in my account.)

I understand all of this stuff about wanting the server software to be in tip-top shape when it is released, but this may qualify as one of the most confusingly bizarre product launches ever.

Good thing I have a lot of years of satisfied Squeezebox use under my belt. I'd hate to think what is going through the minds of new buyers these days!

;-)

Comment

• MeSue
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by mlsstl
                    Interesting, on Amazon the Touch seems to have dropped into a black hole - it doesn't exist anymore! (Though my pre-order still shows in my account.)
                    BrianB's link works for me, and the preorder option is there.
                    Sue
                    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
                    Logitech Media Server 8.1 on Windows 10 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
                    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
                    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Comment

• mlsstl
                      • Jan 2007

I'd just done a simple search for "Squeezebox Touch" on Amazon earlier this evening and it came up dry.

However, just checked a few minutes ago and its back.

Weird.

Comment

• BrianB
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MeSue
                        BrianB's link works for me, and the preorder option is there.
                        Yep. It's back. Very strange. Maybe Amazon acted on some bad info and have it corrected now.

I do find it odd that it's so hard to nail down a date, especially this close to the last rumored date of February. I called about 3 weeks ago and asked when it can be expected and they said "spring".

Comment

Working...