PDA

View Full Version : 2 SB3s have synchronization delay of several seconds

rbl
2010-01-09, 09:11
When I sync 2 SB3s they sometimes (albeit rarely) sync perfectly. Usually there is a delay of upto several seconds between them, and I have no idea why. It also seems to vary as to which SB3 is ahead.

I had exactly the same problem for years using various versions of SqueezeCenter, and I finally reformatted my PC, freshly installed XP Pro, SC7.4.1. Same problem! I donít use any special plugins at the moment.

I have tried both SB3s wirelessly, and both SB3s connected via Ethernet cable. It doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.

Setup: 2GHz PC, XP Pro, SC7.4.1
FLAC files
G wireless router. The server PC is wired in to the router. They work perfectly individually (both wired and wirelessly).
Server priority - Above Normal

Any ideas anyone?

NikolajC
2010-01-09, 10:40
Try using dimension 4 to sync your internet time every minute. Solved my exact same problem.

rbl
2010-01-10, 02:56
Fantastic!!! It seems to have fixed it - wish I'd asked 3 years ago! Thank you very much.

The next question, is how to I sync my PC with the SB3s so I can listen on my PC too? There used to be something called SoftSqueeze but that seems to have gone and I can't find any downloads.

Mnyb
2010-01-10, 03:04
Fantastic!!! It seems to have fixed it - wish I'd asked 3 years ago! Thank you very much.

The next question, is how to I sync my PC with the SB3s so I can listen on my PC too? There used to be something called SoftSqueeze but that seems to have gone and I can't find any downloads.

Softsqueeze is avaliable trough the extension downloader these days, it is now 100% maintained by the community .

You can also try Squeezplay , it emulates the new players with color screen and can also act as an controller for your other squeezeboxes .

However syncing of sofftware players is hit and miss and can never work as good as sync with the hardware players, don't expect it to work.

rbl
2010-01-10, 03:21
Can't see Extension Downloader - isn't it meant to be in Settings->Advanced?

But it sounds like I should try SqueezePlay, but again I can't see where to download this. Any idea?

Many thanks for your help

Mnyb
2010-01-10, 05:02
"Plugins" ? you may have to add the repo I don't remeber exactly there is a softsqueeze 3.9b tread in the 3'rd party plugins forum, read that tread.

bpa
2010-01-10, 05:58
In Settings / Plugins and then check the box "Show all 3rd party plugins". SOftsqueeze will appear near the end of the very long list of plugins.

NikolajC
2010-01-10, 07:14

You are welcome. Me too actually, Had sync problems forever until a comment in a bug somewhere hintet that unstable time could be the culprit. Wish this could make it into a FAQ or something somewhere for windows users.

rbl
2010-01-10, 07:26
In Settings / Plugins and then check the box "Show all 3rd party plugins". SOftsqueeze will appear near the end of the very long list of plugins.

Got it running, and it works, but the previous post is correct in that the softsqueeze sync isn't as good as the two SB3s. Not to worry - it is good enough for my purposes. Many thanks ...