PDA

View Full Version : USB on Touch

Ferdie
2010-01-09, 03:36
Hi!

Potential Touch buyer here! But with the European forum users complaining about getting on the Squeezeboxnetwork/server and not being able to listen to any internet radio stations I was just wondering, if the server is down, will I still be able to enjoy my music through the USB port with a Harddrive/pen?

Many thanks in advance!

Ferdie

toby10
2010-01-09, 04:13
Hi!

Potential Touch buyer here! But with the European forum users complaining about getting on the Squeezeboxnetwork/server and not being able to listen to any internet radio stations I was just wondering, if the server is down, will I still be able to enjoy my music through the USB port with a Harddrive/pen?

Many thanks in advance!

Ferdie

If you mean playing your local music stored on your USB device you would not be affected by any MySB online server issues.
You would be using Touch's built in server.

Ferdie
2010-01-09, 04:19
That's exactly what I mean. Many thanks!!!

JJZolx
2010-01-09, 04:58

Yes. But if mysqueezebox.com is down then you don't have access to the 'Internet Radio' structure in Touch's menu. You can still play any radio station URL, but you'll have to get there a different way - through favorites would seem to be the only way.

JJZolx
2010-01-09, 04:58
No. If mysqueezebox.com is down then you don't have access to the 'Internet Radio' in Touch's menu. You can still play any radio station URL, but you'll have to get there a different way - through favorites would seem to be the only way.

Which brings up a question - Is there any way to enter a radio station favorite to be stored in the Touch's local server without mysb.com? Or is it totally reliant on the totally unreliable mysb.com?

Aurumer
2010-01-09, 05:29
With the touch you don't need msb.com at all. For everything you need including your music and radio you can use the build in server.

JJZolx
2010-01-09, 05:32
With the touch you don't need msb.com at all. For everything you need including your music and radio you can use the build in server.

Try blocking msyb.com at your firewall and see whether or not 'Internet Radio' is still accessible.

jimbo45
2010-01-09, 07:36
Hi there
Even easier -- just disconnect the router from the phone connector -- that way the Wireless still works for your local LAN -- you'll just lose connection to the Internet during the test.

You won't get INTERNET radio on the menu -- favorites will still be available ( but not playable of course until Net connection is re-established)

You can add to favorites list via an opml text file and then your device will pick it up.

These ARE playable without the need to access the remote mysqueezebox.com server.

Cheers
jimbo

Aurumer
2010-01-09, 07:59
Try blocking msyb.com at your firewall and see whether or not 'Internet Radio' is still accessible.

I would like to try this but touch still isn't available ;-).