PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions re: Touch

GlenL
2010-01-04, 02:51
I have a Touch on preorder and was wondering if somebody knew the answers to the following ...

1. How does it operate when it is connected to a Squeezeserver powered music library and there is a USB stick/drive connected at the same time ?
I currently run Squeezeserver (and plan to stick with that) but may want to occasionally connect a USB stick as well.
Will I be able to distinguish between the two libraries (e.g via a menu otion) or will the 2 libraries be automagically merged into one 'My Music' option ?

2. Does bridging of the ethernet port to wireless work (like the SB3) ?

Thanks in advance.

erland
2010-01-04, 04:17
I have a Touch on preorder and was wondering if somebody knew the answers to the following ...

1. How does it operate when it is connected to a Squeezeserver powered music library and there is a USB stick/drive connected at the same time ?
I currently run Squeezeserver (and plan to stick with that) but may want to occasionally connect a USB stick as well.
Will I be able to distinguish between the two libraries (e.g via a menu otion) or will the 2 libraries be automagically merged into one 'My Music' option ?

It will switch library so you will only see either the USB stick music or the SBS(Squeezebox Server) music. I'm not sure if it will automatically switch when you insert a USB stick or if it's a manual operation. I'm pretty sure it will be possible to use SBS even if there is a USB stick inserted in the Touch.

GlenL
2010-01-04, 04:41
Thanks for that Erland.
The behaviour you describe sounds ideal.
I plan on sticking with Squeezeserver and may occasionally use a USB stick so the separation between USB and Squeezeserver suits me fine.

Do you happen to know if bridging works ?