PDA

View Full Version : Does Squeezebox works in Indonesia / Singapore

yishiang
2010-01-03, 21:51
I'm thinking to purchase it to listen to some other countries radio station, but before I made the plunge, I would want to make sure, that does it work in my country? I can't really find any information on this on Google.

I would appreciate any information given. Thanks.

lrossouw
2010-01-03, 22:43
Hi

Based in Singapore here and everything works as intended (using the SB Classic). There is no reason something won't work in some regions.

Internet Radio: Please note that these devices only plays streams that are available online. I have looked around a bit and haven't been able to find streams for MediaCorp radio stations online, so they won't be available to the device. MediaCorp seem to have stopped streaming.

Basically if you can stream internet radio to Windows Media Player (or similar) you should be able to play it on the SqueezeBox. Flash based music in general is not supported as they tend to use proprietary formats.

Otherwise everything works 100% as expected. You can play your local files etc & other radio stations etc.

Where are you buying? I've seen some on sale in Sim Lim. One of the top most floors. Think it was the boom and also a duet.

lrossouw
2010-01-03, 22:46
BTW If you give me an example of the links you want to play I can test one or two for you.

yishiang
2010-01-04, 06:12
Appriciate ur reply! :D

This is the radio station http://www.therock.net.nz/Portals/0/listenonline/listen_online.htm , but for some reason I can't seem to play it back on my computer.. wonder is their end problem or mine..

Most probably I will buy it at Sim Lim, or maybe Funan. The Squeezebox Radio is not available here if I'm not wrong?

Thanks.

toby10
2010-01-04, 06:34

This is the radio station http://www.therock.net.nz/Portals/0/listenonline/listen_online.htm , but for some reason I can't seem to play it back on my computer.. wonder is their end problem or mine..

Most probably I will buy it at Sim Lim, or maybe Funan. The Squeezebox Radio is not available here if I'm not wrong?

Thanks.

Doesn't play on my WinXP system either (in the US), it just sits there.
But that is an embedded player available only on their web site so this would not play on a SB player anyway.
You need a direct URL stream (bypassing the embedded player) to play this on a SB player.

lrossouw
2010-01-04, 22:21

Thanks.

Haven't had a chance to look at it. Will tonight when I'm home.

lrossouw
2010-01-05, 06:44

Thanks.

It worked both on my PC. It seems to be using WMP to play streams. But I wasn't able to find the actual link to the stream.

You can go to the website radiotime.com and it is listed there as well, but is listed as "stream is unreliable". On SB there is a app for radiotime which means I was able to find it via my SB and play it on the SB. So it works, but I suspect it won't work reliably, because the stream doesn't seem to be reliable.

Cheers
Louis

bpa
2010-01-05, 06:51
The link is
mms://ac1.streaming.net.nz/tvworks-rock

lrossouw
2010-01-06, 01:45
The link is
mms://ac1.streaming.net.nz/tvworks-rock

yishiang, you should be able to save this link on your favourites on the server and/or mysqueezebox.com and this station should then available on the SB without the radiotime app.