PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Server on Mac

fairfulluk
2010-01-03, 11:49
I have tried to install Squeezebox Server v7.4.1 on my Mac mini and it appears in the Preferences Screen. However, whenever I click on the icon I get the following message: "Preferences Error - Could not load Squeezebox Server". Has anyone else had the same problem and been able to solve it?

kmr
2010-01-03, 17:02
Question: did you already have a version of SBS installed? I had a similar (not exactly, though) problem when I upgraded from 7.4.0 to 7.4.1; I ended up removing the preference pane, reinstalling 7.4.1, and the problem went away. This was on MacOS X 10.5.8.

To deinstall, go to /Library/PreferencePanes and delete Squeezebox.prefPane. I think that's pretty much all that you need to do.

Hope this helps...

sc53
2010-01-04, 13:57
If you're running Snow Leopard, stick with 7.3.4 (last version before Squeezebox Server). Despite reports that it works with Snow Leopard, IT DOESN'T.

esbrewer
2010-01-04, 14:02
but I have been running various releases of 7.3, 7.4, and 7.5 on Snow Leopard with very few issues.

Clean install seems to be appropriate here.

epoch1970
2010-01-04, 14:24
To deinstall, go to /Library/PreferencePanes and delete Squeezebox.prefPane. I think that's pretty much all that you need to do.

I *think* you can right-click on the SBS icon in the Prefs Panel to remove that item, and that removal means deletion.

BTW, my brother upgraded from SC 7.3.2 to SBS 7.4.1 yestrday (due to a Firmware dance he complained to me about) and was disappointed to see the server was not in the Bonjour tab on Safari. He was living without knowing what localhost was, but this mistake is now corrected.

ajkidle
2010-01-04, 17:48
If you're running Snow Leopard, stick with 7.3.4 (last version before Squeezebox Server). Despite reports that it works with Snow Leopard, IT DOESN'T.

Although not my primary server, I've run 7.4.1 for extended weekends on Snow Leopard without issue.