PDA

View Full Version : Controller can't see new library organization

audios
2010-01-03, 09:45
Hi--and HELP!!!

I have a Duet and I'm running SqueezeCenter 7.3.3 on a QNAP TS209 (with SSOTS). For the most part, things work but I've recently reorganized some files (moved music directories around), cleared my library and rescanned it (under Basic Settings in SqueezeCenter). Everything appeared to go well as indicated under the "Information" tab. All my computers running iTunes share the music files and see all the changes; however, my Duet controller sees my music as it was originally organized--for instance, some CDs that were under "Various Artists" instead of particular artists such as Clapton.

I've rebooted things, applied changes, etc. all to no avail. How can I get my controller to see the new library organization?

audios!

pski
2010-01-04, 08:21
Hi--and HELP!!!

I have a Duet and I'm running SqueezeCenter 7.3.3 on a QNAP TS209 (with SSOTS). For the most part, things work but I've recently reorganized some files (moved music directories around), cleared my library and rescanned it (under Basic Settings in SqueezeCenter). Everything appeared to go well as indicated under the "Information" tab. All my computers running iTunes share the music files and see all the changes; however, my Duet controller sees my music as it was originally organized--for instance, some CDs that were under "Various Artists" instead of particular artists such as Clapton.

I've rebooted things, applied changes, etc. all to no avail. How can I get my controller to see the new library organization?

audios!

Directories are not important. SBS is using the tag information in the music files. If you want to change that info, use MP3TAG, Foobar, etc.

p

audios
2010-01-05, 06:10
Thanks, pski!

I was beginning to wonder if that was the case a few hours after I posted but if it wasn't the case, I would have tossed the lot out the window.

How the heck are people supposed to know these sorts of things??? When I see how many questions there are on these types of forums and think about how much frustration is behind each one, I shake my head thinking there's got to be a better way.

audios!

aubuti
2010-01-05, 07:11
How the heck are people supposed to know these sorts of things??? When I see how many questions there are on these types of forums and think about how much frustration is behind each one, I shake my head thinking there's got to be a better way.
That's the way most software like this works, including iTunes. But you are correct that a certain amount of knowledge is assumed. A good reference for beginner's is Beginner's Guide in the wiki. The wiki is accessible via the Support tab on the upper right of this screen, but here's the direct link: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/BeginnersGuide