PDA

View Full Version : Can't Connect To Squeeze Center With Major Caveat

imperialzeppelin
2010-01-03, 06:08
Will also post in Squeezebox Duet forum.

Learned Colleagues: I'm one of those renegades that HAVE to use 7.3.2 software because I've followed some excellent instructions that let me load the Squeezebox software directly onto my NAS and run the Squeezebox with no computers powered up. Unfortunately, no one has converted the 7.4 SW to the IPKG format I need to upgrade my NAS.

OK, with the shift over to SqueezeCenter to MySqueezebox, I can't log into my account from the SqueezeCenter software... I get an invalid account error message.

Anyone out there got a fix?

Thanks in advance!!

Phil Leigh
2010-01-03, 14:44
Will also post in Squeezebox Duet forum.

Learned Colleagues: I'm one of those renegades that HAVE to use 7.3.2 software because I've followed some excellent instructions that let me load the Squeezebox software directly onto my NAS and run the Squeezebox with no computers powered up. Unfortunately, no one has converted the 7.4 SW to the IPKG format I need to upgrade my NAS.

OK, with the shift over to SqueezeCenter to MySqueezebox, I can't log into my account from the SqueezeCenter software... I get an invalid account error message.

Anyone out there got a fix?

Thanks in advance!!

Please don't cross-post into the other forum. Also, a NAS is a computer... so all you have achieved is to make life difficult for yourself.

SqueezeCenter has changed to SqueezeBoxServer. MySqueezebox is completely different - that is the Internet based "server"...

imperialzeppelin
2010-01-03, 15:07
A NAS is a computer??? Gee I didn't know that! So that's why I "Got Root" and went into the Linux code to reprogram it!

Considering the NAS uses about 5 W of electricity while my tower uses over 100 W, I prefer leaving that on 24/7...

Hey, if I'm screwed on Internet Radio, then fine, unless someone can tell me how to directly put in the URLs and do it directly.

Phil Leigh
2010-01-03, 15:28
A NAS is a computer??? Gee I didn't know that! So that's why I "Got Root" and went into the Linux code to reprogram it!

Considering the NAS uses about 5 W of electricity while my tower uses over 100 W, I prefer leaving that on 24/7...

Hey, if I'm screwed on Internet Radio, then fine, unless someone can tell me how to directly put in the URLs and do it directly.

There's no such thing as a free lunch...

bpa
2010-01-03, 15:29
I have a test SC 7.3.4 which works fine with Squeezenetwork and I have not changed my account id so there is backwards compatibility.

I suggest you contact support as it looks like an admin issue not a technology one.