PDA

View Full Version : UK: Boom high street stockist

hunta
2010-01-02, 10:26
Hi,

A friend of mine wants to buy her husband a Boom for his birthday having seen my Classic. Trouble is his birthday's on Tuesday (5 Jan). Does anyone know of a high street stockist in the Herts / London area? I seem to remember Comet or Currys doing them, but they currently only have the Radio and Duet listed on their websites.

Thanks

Blisteringblue
2010-01-02, 10:34
I got mine from PC World about this time last year, but not sure if they still do them?

Amazon.co.uk has them in stock, if they order one with express delivery they will at least get it on Tuesday 5th?

hunta
2010-01-02, 10:40
Thanks for the quick reply. PC World appear not to have them listed on their site either. I thought of the Amazon route as well. Think she wants it for the morning of, but I'll obviously point it out.

Paul Webster
2010-01-03, 04:33
PC World in Brentford (on A4 close to M4 Chiswick roundabout/ North Circular) have had one in their demo area for a long time. Perhaps they could be persuaded to sell that demo model. I think it is a genuine device - not with rigged firmware for demo - because I have played with it a few times and changed what it was playing.

kitecarl
2010-01-03, 07:36
I found about 5 stores that had them stocked for GBP 179.99 last week. Wishing now I would have picked one up then.

hunta
2010-01-03, 10:23
Thanks everyone for the replies. She's gone down the Amazon route!