PDA

View Full Version : Build new Database on Sheevaplug

truehl
2010-01-01, 15:33
Hi,
I tried to build a complete new database because of some problems with the artwork. Every time I try this, the Sheevaplug crashes. I've tested it with different versions (7.4.1 and 7.4.2). Anyone an idea?

Greetings Thomas

truehl
2010-01-01, 16:08
Sorry,
I think it was a false alarm!!! It lasts a very long time till the rescanning starts (1 hour or so). Now it seams to work. We will see ...

Greetings,
Thomas

raven22
2010-01-02, 01:25
i had same issue, these steps solved it (and made it faster as well)
(you can alsoupgrade to 7.5.0, this is faster then 7.4)

Basically you do this:
- stop squeezeboxserver (/etc/init.d/squeezeboxserver stop)
- delete or rename my.cnf in your cache folder (/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache
- delete (make a backup) or rename the my.tt file in /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/MySQL
- put the my.tt.txt file from this post http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...0&postcount=18 in the /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/MySQL folder and rename to my.tt
- start squeezeboxserver (/etc/init.d/squeezeboxserver start) and do a full rescan

Remember to do this again when upgraded to a newer version of sbs, since the files will be overwritten.

truehl
2010-01-02, 02:45
Hi raven22,
I gave up ... after hours of scanning the Sheevaplug only answers to pings, but nothing else works. Connections to port 9000 don't work. I've recovered an Image of my card (without SBS) and set it up completely new. But I will try your method later, thanks a lot!!!

Greetings Thomas

raven22
2010-01-02, 02:50
Hi raven22,
I gave up ... after hours of scanning the Sheevaplug only answers to pings, but nothing else works. Connections to port 9000 don't work. I've recovered an Image of my card (without SBS) and set it up completely new. But I will try your method later, thanks a lot!!!

Greetings Thomas

it is not really my method, thanks should go to the original poster. i see that the link to the post is screwed up. in case you're interested in the topic, here is the correct link:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=70371

kesey
2010-01-02, 03:35
Thomas Moonbase's strategy, which raven22 has found very successful, seems to work well for a lot of people who have reported speeding up of their database access, and apparently the gui response is also improved.

I'm away at the moment so cannot use my SheevaPlug and implement the modification. However, I've found that something I've often had to do recently to get a Sheeva scan to work is to redirect the Music Folder line on the Basic Settings page to say /home or someplace where there are no flac files, start a "Clear library and rescan everything" scan. Let this run...
When it completes, correct the address in the Music Folder dialogue and run a full scan.