PDA

View Full Version : SHOUTcast web site not available



Jeffrey Gordon
2004-08-03, 13:10
Ok I am not sure why I can not get SHOUTcast plugin to work. I have
opened up all outgoing ports from the Slimserver machine to the
internet. So nothing should be blocked by slimserver.

Anyone have any other ideas I need to look into?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFBD/FUH0fQtyBJLGwRAvECAJoDZAfWlLxngZ62Kogj+bxEeA8B6QCf Wj7v
tmSpx1FRME0k0z8twaJDX5A=
=ftH0
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Jeffrey Gordon
2004-08-04, 06:44
Hate to reply to my own message but I guess with the Big announcement it
might have gotten lost. Anyone know why I am getting this problem? I
am running 8-3-2004 nightly.

Jeffrey Gordon wrote:
> Ok I am not sure why I can not get SHOUTcast plugin to work. I have
> opened up all outgoing ports from the Slimserver machine to the
> internet. So nothing should be blocked by slimserver.
>
> Anyone have any other ideas I need to look into?
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>

dean
2004-08-04, 09:18
The SHOUTcast plugin is working here, so I imagine it's a problem with
your network connection. Which firewall do you have installed?

On Aug 3, 2004, at 1:10 PM, Jeffrey Gordon wrote:

> Ok I am not sure why I can not get SHOUTcast plugin to work. I have
> opened up all outgoing ports from the Slimserver machine to the
> internet. So nothing should be blocked by slimserver.
>
> Anyone have any other ideas I need to look into?
>

Jeffrey Gordon
2004-08-04, 09:35
Oh I am sure it is something with my setup.

I am running slimserver on Gentoo Linux, the linux box currently does
not have any rules defined for iptables. It sits behind an Astaro
Firewall box that I have temp. configed to all ALL outbound connections
from the slimserver box. I normally only allow a few outbound
connections, however right now opened it up to all for trying to figure
out the issues.

What ports is slimserver trying to connect on when reaching SHOUTcast?

dean blackketter wrote:

> The SHOUTcast plugin is working here, so I imagine it's a problem with
> your network connection. Which firewall do you have installed?
>
> On Aug 3, 2004, at 1:10 PM, Jeffrey Gordon wrote:
>
>> Ok I am not sure why I can not get SHOUTcast plugin to work. I have
>> opened up all outgoing ports from the Slimserver machine to the
>> internet. So nothing should be blocked by slimserver.
>>
>> Anyone have any other ideas I need to look into?
>>

dean
2004-08-04, 09:52
I believe that it connects out on port 80...


On Aug 4, 2004, at 9:35 AM, Jeffrey Gordon wrote:

> Oh I am sure it is something with my setup.
>
> I am running slimserver on Gentoo Linux, the linux box currently does
> not have any rules defined for iptables. It sits behind an Astaro
> Firewall box that I have temp. configed to all ALL outbound
> connections from the slimserver box. I normally only allow a few
> outbound connections, however right now opened it up to all for trying
> to figure out the issues.
>
> What ports is slimserver trying to connect on when reaching SHOUTcast?
>
> dean blackketter wrote:
>
>> The SHOUTcast plugin is working here, so I imagine it's a problem
>> with your network connection. Which firewall do you have installed?
>> On Aug 3, 2004, at 1:10 PM, Jeffrey Gordon wrote:
>>> Ok I am not sure why I can not get SHOUTcast plugin to work. I have
>>> opened up all outgoing ports from the Slimserver machine to the
>>> internet. So nothing should be blocked by slimserver.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any other ideas I need to look into?
>>>

Jeffrey Gordon
2004-08-04, 09:55
I figured it out. Looks like it actually uses the http_proxy value as
it should, however for some reason my Astaro proxy server would not
allow it to work. So my solution was to add "unset http_proxy" to my
init script for slimserver and open up outgoing port 80.

dean blackketter wrote:

> I believe that it connects out on port 80...
>
>
> On Aug 4, 2004, at 9:35 AM, Jeffrey Gordon wrote:
>
>> Oh I am sure it is something with my setup.
>>
>> I am running slimserver on Gentoo Linux, the linux box currently does
>> not have any rules defined for iptables. It sits behind an Astaro
>> Firewall box that I have temp. configed to all ALL outbound
>> connections from the slimserver box. I normally only allow a few
>> outbound connections, however right now opened it up to all for trying
>> to figure out the issues.
>>
>> What ports is slimserver trying to connect on when reaching SHOUTcast?
>>
>> dean blackketter wrote:
>>
>>> The SHOUTcast plugin is working here, so I imagine it's a problem
>>> with your network connection. Which firewall do you have installed?
>>> On Aug 3, 2004, at 1:10 PM, Jeffrey Gordon wrote:
>>>
>>>> Ok I am not sure why I can not get SHOUTcast plugin to work. I have
>>>> opened up all outgoing ports from the Slimserver machine to the
>>>> internet. So nothing should be blocked by slimserver.
>>>>
>>>> Anyone have any other ideas I need to look into?
>>>>