PDA

View Full Version : SheevaPlug and Multi Library; Custom Browse

kunze
2009-12-27, 08:00
Hi,

does anyone alredy have some experience with the performance of SBS on the SheevaPlug and some plugins like Multi Library, Custom Browse and Track Stat?

Is it fast enough to handle about 20000 tracks in total?

I guess it should perform better than the squeezebox touch with TinySC and these plugins (if TinySC will run these at all)?

BR,
Michael

bluegaspode
2009-12-27, 08:04
I guess it should perform better than the squeezebox touch with TinySC and these plugins (if TinySC will run these at all)?
They have the same RAM and processor power so they should perform alike.

kunze
2009-12-27, 08:18
They have the same RAM and processor power so they should perform alike.

Hi,

Are you sure on that, the wiki (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/HardwareComparison) lists a 533 MHz ARM11 core while the sheeva has a 1.2 GHz ARM compatible CPU.
RAM is listed as 512 MB for the sheeva, how much RAM does the SB Touch have? The wiki only lists 128 MB buffer RAM.

BR,
Michael

bluegaspode
2009-12-27, 10:15
Sorry, must have mixed this up, thanks for correcting !

raven22
2009-12-28, 00:53
Hi,

does anyone alredy have some experience with the performance of SBS on the SheevaPlug and some plugins like Multi Library, Custom Browse and Track Stat?

Is it fast enough to handle about 20000 tracks in total?

BR,
Michael

I use custombrowse, dynamic playlist and SQL playlist (and some other plugins) on a Sheeva without any problems. I have about 15000 tracks in collection.

kunze
2009-12-30, 08:58
Sounds great, so I'm going to try it myself as soon as my plug arrives.

BR,
Michael