PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Touch and iPod Touch and iPeng.

DaveKen
2009-12-27, 03:43
Hi Guys.
I have loads of FLAC music files on my PC and backed up on a USB external drive that is permanently connected to the PC. I have a SB Touch on pre-order and this Christmas I received an iPod Touch as a surprise pressy. I have heard a little about iPeng and understand that it can function as a SB Touch controller on an iPhone.
Question:
Can iPeng be set up on my iPod Touch to be used as a SB Touch controller or is it only usable on an iPhone?
Thanks for any help.

JohnSwenson
2009-12-27, 03:51
Yes,
the iPod Touch using iPeng can be used to control an SB Touch.

John S.

pippin
2009-12-27, 13:42
Nothing else to say :)

DaveKen
2009-12-27, 14:12
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your confirmation. This is very good news for me but the downside is that it makes me even more anxious to get my Logitech Touch :-( .
Cheers,
DaveKen

Ikabob
2009-12-27, 14:43
DavyKen, yes, the Squeeze with ipeng IS definitely unbelievable. The world will be your oyster as soon as your SqueezeTouch arrives!!! Hang in there.

DaveKen
2009-12-28, 13:20
Hi Guys,
I have just acquired a bargain priced copy of Win 7 Home Premium Upgrade - my current system is Vista Home premium. This afternoon, in anticipation of taking delivery of my pre-ordered Logitech Touch I downloaded SqueezeCentre onto my PC and everything seemed to go OK. Sorry if this has been asked before but is SqueezeCentre compatible with Win 7 Home Premium?

kesey
2009-12-28, 15:14
Sorry if this has been asked before but is SqueezeCentre compatible with Win 7 Home Premium?

Absolutely. I have Version: 7.4.2 - r29637 (and had various older versions prior to that) running as happy as Larry on my Windows 7.

DaveKen
2009-12-29, 04:42
Thanks Kesey for that - much appreciated.
Dave.