PDA

View Full Version : Squeezeboxes within the familly

garym999
2009-12-27, 03:18
We have a frew squeeze boxes within the home but this crimbo my daughter joined the club which has introduced her own set of demands that until now were not an issue.

Music Library's
My daughter would like her own music library. This would also mean that I can setup her PC to rip music to that library. She also has a number of talking books and it would be good to setup them within thier own library as well.

There seems to be an option to chosse a different Libraries but I'm not sure how it is used?

Favorites
The preset buttons on the radio seem to be global unless I have missed something?

I guess one option would be to run multip instances of the server but I'd prefer not to do that.

aubuti
2009-12-27, 06:23
1) For multiple music libraries see Erland's Multi-Library plugin.

2) The SB Radio presets are not global, but are set specific to each player. The Favorites, on the other hand, are global and apply to all players using the same Squeezebox Server.

toby10
2009-12-27, 06:28
Presets are per player.
1 to 6 as preset buttons (Boom & Radio), 1 to 10 as presets on all players (requires numeric IR remote).

pski
2009-12-29, 16:15
We have a frew squeeze boxes within the home but this crimbo my daughter joined the club which has introduced her own set of demands that until now were not an issue.

Music Library's
My daughter would like her own music library. This would also mean that I can setup her PC to rip music to that library. She also has a number of talking books and it would be good to setup them within thier own library as well.

There seems to be an option to chosse a different Libraries but I'm not sure how it is used?

Favorites
The preset buttons on the radio seem to be global unless I have missed something?

I guess one option would be to run multip instances of the server but I'd prefer not to do that.

I would just install SBS on her machine.

P