PDA

View Full Version : "No Squeezebox Server Found"



RDK
2009-12-24, 16:12
Help! I'm at my wit's end here. Been using SB for a couple of years now with few problems, but between an upgrade to W7 and version 7.4 everything's gone to hell. I have no problem connecting to Squeezenetwork,but I can no longer get my player to connect to the Server itself. All my ports are fine, but under status it says Total Players Recognized: 0 and on the box itself it says "No Squeezebox server found." I've tried everything from version 7.5 to going back to 7.3 with the same results. Any suggestions?

gizek
2009-12-25, 14:58
Turn your computer with server first, wait few minutes for server fully initialize and then switch your SB on.
Did you try reset SB ?

jo-wie
2009-12-25, 20:52
Help! I'm at my wit's end here. Been using SB for a couple of years now with few problems, but between an upgrade to W7 and version 7.4 everything's gone to hell. I have no problem connecting to Squeezenetwork,but I can no longer get my player to connect to the Server itself. All my ports are fine, but under status it says Total Players Recognized: 0 and on the box itself it says "No Squeezebox server found." I've tried everything from version 7.5 to going back to 7.3 with the same results. Any suggestions?

Firewall settings? Do you have some kind of security sofware (Norton, McAfee, etc) with a firewall enabled, maybe one of those 60 day try versions?

usch
2009-12-26, 18:53
What are the IP addresses of the server and the SB? Can you ping the SB from the server?

dicksons
2009-12-27, 09:58
Hi,

Just got a brand new Squeezebox Boom for Christmas.

I am able to connect to mysqueezebox.com and listen to internet radio. But, I have the same error message "no squeezebox server found".

I have installed the Squeezebox Server and it is running:
IP: 192.168.0.5
The SqueezeBox Boom automtatically acquires a new address:
IP: 192.168.0.6

I have switched off all Firewalls but still cannot ping the Squeezebox Boom from my computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what should I do next?

Thanks,

JeffHart
2009-12-29, 12:21
Can you provide more details about your network - wired and/or wireless and the wap/switch/bridge/router that you are using to connect?

Can you confirm if you can reach www.mysqueezebox.com from your SqueezeBox server?

I'm guessing that if you go to the Squeezebox Server Web UI - Settings - Information - that you won't see the Boom listed under players.

We just need to narrow down where the network is blocking the traffic.

RDK
2010-01-17, 15:33
Sorry, I've been gone a while out of frustration. NOTHING I do seems to help.

I'm currently running 7.4.1, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled earlier versions to no avail. Running a SB3 btw. Never had a problem before, but between software upgrade an a new computer it's no longer working.

Some details. Running W7 with AVG (free) antivirus. Turning off the Windows firewall doesn't help. The firewall settings themselves are set to allow everything from SB Control Panel to SB Server to SqueezeCenter in both public and private networks. MySqueezebox.com shows the player as "connected." And indeed, the player connects to the wireless network just fine; it's only to SB Server (on my computer) that it fails to connect to. The Diagnostics window on my SB Server Control Panel shows everything as OK, listing both IP addresses - and even when manually entering the IP address for the SB Server it says it "can't connect." In short, everything looks okay except for the fact that "Total Players Recognized" = 0.

I've tried updating/reversing the SB (currently firmware rev. 130), but it never changes... probably since it's not even connecting to see that my SC software has changed.

Hope this additional info can help.

tedfroop
2010-01-18, 14:31
If you run through the setup on your SB, can you see the server? Seems a silly question but once its been set up for a while we can forget you need to point the SB to the server, especially if when you upgraded you changed the server name.

RDK
2010-01-18, 19:17
Problem mostly solved! It seems my wife (or someone; not me) reconnected the router wrong and had a second router (used for a wireless phone that I don't use) looped through it. Not sure exactly what the issue was, but it apparently prevented the SB and the computer from connecting along the proper IP address. I had no idea the devices were even connected.

But while they now connect, there still appears to be some issues as the connection now cuts off after several minutes. It never did that before either.