PDA

View Full Version : Player preferences



Stuart Booth
2003-11-23, 06:36
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to find a list of the complete set of player and server
preferences that the CLI responds to. Any ideas?

For instance, the CLI documentation mentions "pref <prefname> ?" to
query a server's internal preference values. Also there is "playerpref
<prefname> ?" for the player-specific preference values. The CLI docs
mention "mp3dir and "doublesize" as examples of each query.

http://www.slimdevices.com/documentation/crestronCLI.html

I'm trying to determine the current display/brightness state of a
SliMP3.

S
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart (AT) stuartbooth (DOT) com

Stuart Booth
2003-11-23, 08:29
Replying to myself now I've found the info I was after...

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:36:40 +0000, Stuart Booth
<lists (AT) xapframework (DOT) net> wrote:

>I'm trying to find a list of the complete set of player and server
>preferences that the CLI responds to. Any ideas?
>
>For instance, the CLI documentation mentions "pref <prefname> ?" to
>query a server's internal preference values. Also there is "playerpref
><prefname> ?" for the player-specific preference values. The CLI docs
>mention "mp3dir and "doublesize" as examples of each query.

>I'm trying to determine the current display/brightness state of a
>SliMP3.

Aha. Looked in the source for v5 and found this:

,'powerOnBrightness' => 4
,'powerOffBrightness' => 1

That looks like what I'm after. There are other variables listed here
too. Slim\Web\Setup.pm.

S
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart (AT) stuartbooth (DOT) com

Stuart Booth
2003-11-23, 08:33
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:29:56 +0000, Stuart Booth
<lists (AT) xapframework (DOT) net> wrote:

>That looks like what I'm after. There are other variables listed here
>too. Slim\Web\Setup.pm.

D'oh. Get it right, Stuart! I did of course mean:

Slim\Utils\Prefs.pm

S
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart (AT) stuartbooth (DOT) com

dean
2003-11-23, 08:55
You can also look in your preferences file for the list of preferences
you have saved.

-dean

On Nov 23, 2003, at 7:29 AM, Stuart Booth wrote:

> Replying to myself now I've found the info I was after...
>
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:36:40 +0000, Stuart Booth
> <lists (AT) xapframework (DOT) net> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to find a list of the complete set of player and server
>> preferences that the CLI responds to. Any ideas?
>>
>> For instance, the CLI documentation mentions "pref <prefname> ?" to
>> query a server's internal preference values. Also there is "playerpref
>> <prefname> ?" for the player-specific preference values. The CLI docs
>> mention "mp3dir and "doublesize" as examples of each query.
>
>> I'm trying to determine the current display/brightness state of a
>> SliMP3.
>
> Aha. Looked in the source for v5 and found this:
>
> ,'powerOnBrightness' => 4
> ,'powerOffBrightness' => 1
>
> That looks like what I'm after. There are other variables listed here
> too. Slim\Web\Setup.pm.
>
> S
> --
> Stuart Booth
> Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK
>
> stuart (AT) stuartbooth (DOT) com
>
>

Stuart Booth
2003-11-23, 09:06
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 07:55:50 -0800, dean blackketter
<dean (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com> wrote:

>You can also look in your preferences file for the list of preferences
>you have saved.

Ah, yes, now you mention it I see the file; SLIMP3.PRF. Windows is
identifying that as a "PICS Rules File" on my system. I hadn't paid it
any attention before.

Excellent, thanks, that certainly solves the problem.

S
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart (AT) stuartbooth (DOT) com