PDA

View Full Version : daily SBC firmware upgrades

jsturtevant
2009-12-19, 11:22
Version: 7.5.0 - r28805 @ Sat Oct 10 02:02:13 PDT 2009

what a wonderful product! I bore way to many people about how happy I am with SB.

I have a development version of SB server on a home linux box and it's great. I have the yum repo disabled so i'm only upgrading server manually to preserve stability.

Even though I'm not updating server frequently both of my SBCs have a download almost daily.

The SBC this morning is updating to 7.5.0.r8236

I've search the advanced settings on the SBC, but don't see how to disable automatic SBC firmware updates.

thanks for the help.

kidstypike
2009-12-19, 12:46
Version: 7.5.0 - r28805 @ Sat Oct 10 02:02:13 PDT 2009

what a wonderful product! I bore way to many people about how happy I am with SB.

I have a development version of SB server on a home linux box and it's great. I have the yum repo disabled so i'm only upgrading server manually to preserve stability.

Even though I'm not updating server frequently both of my SBCs have a download almost daily.

The SBC this morning is updating to 7.5.0.r8236

I've search the advanced settings on the SBC, but don't see how to disable automatic SBC firmware updates.

thanks for the help.

SBS Web interface -> Settings -> Advanced -> Dropdown menu -> Software Updates -> Don't check for software updates.

jsturtevant
2009-12-19, 17:49
thank you i thought this setting only applied to SBS software and not SBC firmware updates.

mherger
2009-12-20, 23:31
> Even though I'm not updating server frequently both of my SBCs have a
> download almost daily.

Beta users should be ready to do this. It's what beta software is about: getting the latest code tested. Please stick with the latest release if you don't want to go through the few clicks needed to do the daily update.

--

Michael