PDA

View Full Version : Favorites on MYSB.com missing from SBS

QDon
2009-12-16, 15:55
I have 6 favorites that appear on mysqueezebox.com but only two of them appear on SBS or the duet controller. These two only appear because I added them via the controller. The ones I added via mysqueezebox.com do not appear.

mysqueezebox.com says: "Use this list to manage your favorite music streams and other items you'd like to access quickly on your Squeezebox. Items in this list appear in the "Favorites" menu on the home menu of your Squeezebox." but it is not working. Is there something I am missing?

I am running on a QNAP TS-509. My info is as follows:

Version: 7.4.2 - r29494 @ Sat Nov 28 04:05:10 PST 2009
Hostname: Wall-E
Server IP Address: 192.168.22.244
Server HTTP Port Number: 9001
Operating system: Linux - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: i686-linux
Perl Version: 5.10.0 - i686-linux-thread-multi
MySQL Version: 5.0.67-log

Player Model: receiver
Firmware: 65
Player IP Address: 192.168.22.211
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:16:2c:86

mherger
2009-12-16, 22:35
> I have 6 favorites that appear on mysqueezebox.com but only two of them
> appear on SBS or the duet controller. These two only appear because I
> added them via the controller. The ones I added via mysqueezebox.com do
> not appear.

SBS 7.5 will have a "On mysqueezebox.com" item in the favorites list.

--

Michael

QDon
2009-12-17, 10:35
So you are saying that the information in mysb.com is incorrect and that this feature will not work until 7.5?

bpa
2009-12-17, 10:45
It works at present if you manually copy the link (something like http://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/opml/3c573d4f01111111111111170228caa0bf86457a358/favorites.opml )from mysb.com and save as a favorite on your SC/SBS. Then when you select this Favorite you will see your mysb.com Favorites as a submenu of your SC/SBS Favorites

In 7.5 this copying will already be setup for you and it appears as a menu under Internet Radio.

mherger
2009-12-17, 10:46
> So you are saying that the information in mysb.com is incorrect and that
> this feature will not work until 7.5?

The information is not explicit about _when_ these show up on your device. They only show up when your device is connected to mysb.com, but not when you're running your own server.

Seamless integration will be available in 7.5.

--

Michael

QDon
2009-12-17, 13:33
> So you are saying that the information in mysb.com is incorrect and that
> this feature will not work until 7.5?

The information is not explicit about _when_ these show up on your device. They only show up when your device is connected to mysb.com, but not when you're running your own server.

Seamless integration will be available in 7.5.

--

Michael
Thanks. I must be going blind because I don't see any way to connect to mysb.com from the web interface or the Duet controller. Where is it?

Don

kidstypike
2009-12-17, 16:17
Thanks. I must be going blind because I don't see any way to connect to mysb.com from the web interface or the Duet controller. Where is it?

Don

Web interface > Left pane > Extras > Music source > mysqueezebox.com

kidstypike
2009-12-17, 16:25

Don

"Switch to mysqueezebox.com" can be added to the menu by going to (on the controller) > Settings > Home Menu > scroll down to "Switch to mysqueezebox.com > and select this item to appear on the main menu of the controller.

QDon
2009-12-17, 19:28
Web interface > Left pane > Extras > Music source > mysqueezebox.com
It works.

"Switch to mysqueezebox.com" can be added to the menu by going to (on the controller) > Settings > Home Menu > scroll down to "Switch to mysqueezebox.com > and select this item to appear on the main menu of the controller.
OK. I did that and it is added to the Main Menu. However, when I select switch to mysqueezebox.com it fails to connect. I've checked that all of the IP info is correct and it is. I can connect from the web interface and from squeezeplay but not from the duet controller. Is this a known issue?

Thanks
Don

mherger
2009-12-17, 23:23
Don't bother connecting to mysb.com just for the favorites. Manage them locally (there's a better web UI in SBS than in mysb.com to do this). Just ignore the mysb.com favorites.

QDon
2009-12-18, 13:52
Don't bother connecting to mysb.com just for the favorites. Manage them locally (there's a better web UI in SBS than in mysb.com to do this). Just ignore the mysb.com favorites.
This is true but I'd still like to figure out why I can't connect to mysb.com from the controller.