PDA

View Full Version : Album Review on SBC?

Bert57
2009-12-14, 11:34
Before upgrading the duet software I had Album Review/biography working fine on the duet but after the upgrade it along with extras was no longer there. Spent hours trying to get extras on the controller and finally did but still no Album review, Biography. It is still fully functional on sbs but I am unable to find it on the controller.
any suggestions?
Thanks
Steve

mherger
2009-12-15, 01:07
You should find it in the track's/album's/artist's context menus.

Bert57
2009-12-15, 09:01
Thanks for the guidance. At work right now but will check when home and get back to you.
Steve

Bert57
2009-12-17, 08:42
Finally had a chance to give it a look. Album Review and Biography still not there. Downloaded the newest version and put it in the plugin folder, restarted and no joy. It is available on the server but nowhere to be found on the duet controller. Is there a step by step to get it on the controller? Is it installed from the server or is there something I need to do at the duet remote?
Thanks
Steve

mherger
2009-12-17, 08:53
> Finally had a chance to give it a look. Album Review and Biography
> still not there. Downloaded the newest version and put it in the plugin
> folder, restarted and no joy.

Don't do this manually. Use the Plugin manager. What SBS version are you running?

> It is available on the server but nowhere
> to be found on the duet controller. Is there a step by step to get it
> on the controller?

Browse down to your track/album, press +, scroll down the menu to the Bio/Review items.

Bert57
2009-12-17, 10:44
Thanks again. At work but will give it a look when home.

Running 7.4.

Plugins Manager? Is this just Plugins tab at the server settings screen? Is this the "extension downloader"? If not where do I find Plugin Manager?

Some research here brought me to "If you use 7.3, you should really try the repository for those. It makes life a ton easier (especially if you tend to stock up on Erland's plugins!)

Settings -> Advanced -> Extensions Downloader

And add http://erlandplugins.googlecode.com/...unk/latest.xml

at the bottom of the page. Seems this may be where I should start.

Steve

erland
2009-12-17, 11:56
Running 7.4.

Settings -> Advanced -> Extensions Downloader

And add http://erlandplugins.googlecode.com/...unk/latest.xml

at the bottom of the page. Seems this may be where I should start.

Steve
If you are using 7.4, it should be enough to check the "Show all 3rd party plugins" checkbox in the Plugins tab, no need to setup additional repositories as this checkbox will make all third party repositories available.

Bert57
2009-12-19, 11:03
Finally got it. Thanks Erland.
Not really sure what exactly fixed it. Deleted the two from plugins folder and checked the third party plugins. "Found what I wanted and checked them. Shut down and reststarted. It was back.
Thanks again for the support you give.
Steve