PDA

View Full Version : How to *delete* a favorite?

pablolie
2009-12-13, 13:17
It's easy enough to add a favorite.

But how does one delete one? I added one accidentally and truly can not find a way in the web control or remote to delete it.

pablolie
2009-12-13, 13:22
Found it.

It seems the only way to edit favorites is on the Home menu. If you mouse over "Favorites" an "edit" option will appear on the right. It is the *only* category where this is the case out of the items, which does not make it very intuitive. I think the "edit" button should always be next to "Favorites" to make it clear there is a special option there.

rbz5416
2009-12-13, 13:27
Don't know about the GUI but from the remote, display the favourite & keep hitting right arrow until you reach "cancel". Up/down arrow & right arrow once more.

Nonreality
2009-12-14, 01:49
Don't know about the GUI but from the remote, display the favourite & keep hitting right arrow until you reach "cancel". Up/down arrow & right arrow once more.

Thats the same way as you get rid of apps, not very intuitive but I finally figured it out.

rbz5416
2009-12-14, 03:07
I have to say that in general, the server software is pretty poor. I can kind of understand that from the Slim days but there's far too much that just poorly implemented. Unfortunately, there seems to be a significant hardcore of long-term users who have grown up with this way of working & appear to believe that because they've learned the software's foibles the hard way, so should everyone else. It appears to me that these users are so effective in shouting down & indeed verbally abusing anyone who dares to question the software's usability, that Logitech believe they're doing it right. We often see the argument that we should accept flaky software because it's FOC. That might hold some water if it weren't for the fact that use of the software is compulsory.

Equally unfortunately, Logitech seem happy to keep dabbling with the existing software, trying to make it do new things while repeatedly breaking things it already did.

I firmly believe a complete re-write is required, embracing the best of the plugins while implementing a look & feel that is more in keeping with a consumer product. Logitech seem to stubbornly refuse to recognise that the vast majority of people who buy Squeezebox are wanting a music player & not a new hobby in network/software troubleshooting. :(

pablolie
2009-12-14, 09:46
... a significant hardcore of long-term users who have grown up with this way of working & appear to believe that because they've learned the software's foibles the hard way, so should everyone else. It appears to me that these users are so effective in shouting down ...

I firmly believe a complete re-write is required, embracing the best of the plugins while implementing a look & feel that is more in keeping with a consumer product. Logitech seem to stubbornly refuse to recognise that the vast majority of people who buy Squeezebox are wanting a music player & not a new hobby in network/software troubleshooting. :(

While I agree with some of the points you make, I also do think that Logitech SB is quite exemplary in listening to us users, and thus we can
(1) Submit bug reports (which include usability issues) via Slim Bugzilla
(2) Ignore the comments of some of the users that believe everything SB was conceived perfectly at the beginning of time and changing represents a crime against the universe. :-)

If there is one thing I see with the Logitech SB developers that frequent this forum is that they are very open minded and never ever seem to be driven by a belief that their user base ought to consist only of people willing and eager to constantly be on a debug mission... :-D

I have added this as a suggestion via Bugzilla, and if we all contribute by submitting usability issues I think the product will get even better (I actually do think it is pretty darn awesome, otherwise it would be foolish of me to have bought as many SB as I have).

Last, but not least, I would not mind Logitech SB charging (albeit moderately) for software releases that add significant capabilities (SoftSqueeze please) and also reward successful third party developers. I think part of the issue is also that all of this is free (other than the initial investment in the box), so thus necessarily software development is geared towards selling new boxes.

CarlForestieri
2012-04-28, 08:19
Play the favorite or get it on the player......3 options >(play) x (remove from playlist) and More.....select more...and a new set of options is listed, one of which is to remove from favorites.....

It's easy enough to add a favorite.

But how does one delete one? I added one accidentally and truly can not find a way in the web control or remote to delete it.

garym
2012-04-28, 08:32
Play the favorite or get it on the player......3 options >(play) x (remove from playlist) and More.....select more...and a new set of options is listed, one of which is to remove from favorites.....

is the favorite in mysqueezebox.com or in your local LMS? If in mysqueezebox.com, go to there, click on FAVORITES, then click the red "-" icon to left of favorites. If in your own local LMS, open webGUI, click on the "little pencil" icon to the right of the favorites menu item. This takes you to edit mode. Then delete the particular favorite.

TimT
2012-04-29, 14:47
is the favorite in mysqueezebox.com or in your local LMS? If in mysqueezebox.com, go to there, click on FAVORITES, then click the red "-" icon to left of favorites. If in your own local LMS, open webGUI, click on the "little pencil" icon to the right of the favorites menu item. This takes you to edit mode. Then delete the particular favorite.

Where do you see "Delete" in Edit mode? Clicking on the "X" button Cuts the Favorite, doesn't delete.

garym
2012-04-29, 15:02
That's what I meant. Cut removes the favorite.

garym
2012-04-29, 15:31
That's what I meant. Cut removes the favorite.

and it then shows up ready to "paste" at bottom of favorites screen. But once you leave the favorites edit mode, it's gone for good....