PDA

View Full Version : Softsqueeze pre-0.6.5



rtitmuss
2004-07-29, 12:07
Hi,

I have just uploaded another pre-release of Softsqueeze at
http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net. This includes fixes for ssh tunnelling
and a playback buffering problem. I am planning on a full release early next
week, so please let me know if you find any bugs.

Thanks,
Richard

Thomas B. Malsbury
2004-07-29, 12:27
Richard,

SSH seems to be working now. However, when I try to start playback,
SoftSqueeze locks up. The java interface still works (shadowing buttons
as I pass over them, open and close the remote, etc.), but clicking on
the buttons does nothing. The display is locked and only a close and
reopen of the application gets things working again. I can browse
through the menus fine, it doesn't lock until I press play and the
dislay flips over to the song title and time count at 0:00.

I connected using pre0.6.2 and playback works fine, so it is doesn't
seem like my machine at home or work causing it. Let me know if any
additonal info would be of use.

Tom

Richard Titmuss wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have just uploaded another pre-release of Softsqueeze at
>http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net. This includes fixes for ssh tunnelling
>and a playback buffering problem. I am planning on a full release early next
>week, so please let me know if you find any bugs.
>
>Thanks,
>Richard
>
>
>
>
>

rtitmuss
2004-07-29, 13:28
Tom,

Thanks for testing Softsqueeze so quickly.

I cannot recreate this problem here. Do you get music playing when the
display is locked, or do you not get any music at all? Could you try running
Softsqueeze from the command prompt (using java -jar Softsqueeze.jar), and
email me any errors.

Thanks,
Richard


----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas B. Malsbury" <slim (AT) olilo (DOT) org>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 8:27 PM
Subject: [slim] Softsqueeze pre-0.6.5


> Richard,
>
> SSH seems to be working now. However, when I try to start playback,
> SoftSqueeze locks up. The java interface still works (shadowing buttons
> as I pass over them, open and close the remote, etc.), but clicking on
> the buttons does nothing. The display is locked and only a close and
> reopen of the application gets things working again. I can browse
> through the menus fine, it doesn't lock until I press play and the
> dislay flips over to the song title and time count at 0:00.
>
> I connected using pre0.6.2 and playback works fine, so it is doesn't
> seem like my machine at home or work causing it. Let me know if any
> additonal info would be of use.
>
> Tom
>
> Richard Titmuss wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have just uploaded another pre-release of Softsqueeze at
> >http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net. This includes fixes for ssh
tunnelling
> >and a playback buffering problem. I am planning on a full release early
next
> >week, so please let me know if you find any bugs.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Richard
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >

rtitmuss
2004-07-29, 15:30
It looks like this version will only work if you are using Java 1.5. I'll
try uploading another version tomorrow ...

Regards,
Richard


----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Titmuss" <richard_titmuss (AT) yahoo (DOT) co.uk>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 9:28 PM
Subject: [slim] Softsqueeze pre-0.6.5


> Tom,
>
> Thanks for testing Softsqueeze so quickly.
>
> I cannot recreate this problem here. Do you get music playing when the
> display is locked, or do you not get any music at all? Could you try
running
> Softsqueeze from the command prompt (using java -jar Softsqueeze.jar), and
> email me any errors.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Thomas B. Malsbury" <slim (AT) olilo (DOT) org>
> To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
> Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 8:27 PM
> Subject: [slim] Softsqueeze pre-0.6.5
>
>
> > Richard,
> >
> > SSH seems to be working now. However, when I try to start playback,
> > SoftSqueeze locks up. The java interface still works (shadowing buttons
> > as I pass over them, open and close the remote, etc.), but clicking on
> > the buttons does nothing. The display is locked and only a close and
> > reopen of the application gets things working again. I can browse
> > through the menus fine, it doesn't lock until I press play and the
> > dislay flips over to the song title and time count at 0:00.
> >
> > I connected using pre0.6.2 and playback works fine, so it is doesn't
> > seem like my machine at home or work causing it. Let me know if any
> > additonal info would be of use.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > Richard Titmuss wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I have just uploaded another pre-release of Softsqueeze at
> > >http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net. This includes fixes for ssh
> tunnelling
> > >and a playback buffering problem. I am planning on a full release early
> next
> > >week, so please let me know if you find any bugs.
> > >
> > >Thanks,
> > >Richard
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >

rtitmuss
2004-07-30, 13:17
I have just uploaded Softsqueeze pre-0.6.6 at
http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net. This fixes compatability with Java 1.4
and also adds a version number on the configuration panel.

Now I think this release is OK :)

Regards,
Richard


----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Titmuss" <richard_titmuss (AT) yahoo (DOT) co.uk>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 11:30 PM
Subject: [slim] Softsqueeze pre-0.6.5


> It looks like this version will only work if you are using Java 1.5. I'll
> try uploading another version tomorrow ...
>
> Regards,
> Richard
>

slim@olilo.org
2004-08-02, 12:02
Richard,

I've been using Softsqueeze pre-0.6.6 all day and it seems very stable. It has
been currently playing for almost 8 hours without a hangup. I am using ssh from
an XP machine with java 1.4.2 to my fedora2 server at home running the official
5.2.1 SlimServer with no nightlies.

The only new development is related to the sync between the Now Playing display
and the music actually streaming out of softsqueeze. Here are my observations
over the past few hours.

The first song (Song1) in a playlist begins fine, then as it approaches the end
of the song, the display jumps to the next song in the list(Song2). The display
shows Song2's title and an elapsed time of 0:00 for about 5-10 seconds as Song1
finishes. Once Song1 is complete, the elapsed time for Song2 begins to count up,
but with no audio output for about 0:12 to 0:16 seconds on the display. Then
audio output begins and the elapsed time is off by those initial 12 to 16
seconds throughout the song until the almost the end at which point the display
jumps to Song3. This is the same for the transition from Song3 to Song4, Song4
to Song5, etc.

I thought it might have something to due with the buffer filling and draining
since I know that you have been working on some buffering issues. However, when
I display the buffer information it is always at 100%, even through the song
transitions.

Let me know if I can provide you with any other information that might help
track this issue down. Other then that, this seems like the most stable release
incorporating SSH to date.

Quoting Richard Titmuss <richard_titmuss (AT) yahoo (DOT) co.uk>:

> I have just uploaded Softsqueeze pre-0.6.6 at
> http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net. This fixes compatability with Java 1.4
> and also adds a version number on the configuration panel.
>
> Now I think this release is OK :)
>
> Regards,
> Richard