PDA

View Full Version : SB3 low volume :(

Kris
2009-12-12, 03:02
Guys, im using a Duet as my upstairs system with a SB3 as my downstairs unit. SqueezeCenter is running on my NAS

The SB3 is plugged in via RCA into my powered speakers, however, at full volume both on the speakers and the software its VERY low. Playing the same track through the speakers connected to my PC plays it perfectly and VERY loud

The issue is 100% related to the SB3, does anyone know why the output is so low? again, same track, playing from my pc is 100% fine, playing it through the SB3 its low

My upstairs system with the Duet is flawless however using a diff set of speakers etc...

Phil Leigh
2009-12-12, 03:06
Guys, im using a Duet as my upstairs system with a SB3 as my downstairs unit. SqueezeCenter is running on my NAS

The SB3 is plugged in via RCA into my powered speakers, however, at full volume both on the speakers and the software its VERY low. Playing the same track through the speakers connected to my PC plays it perfectly and VERY loud

The issue is 100% related to the SB3, does anyone know why the output is so low? again, same track, playing from my pc is 100% fine, playing it through the SB3 its low

My upstairs system with the Duet is flawless however using a diff set of speakers etc...

Replaygain?
pre-amp vol setting on SB3 (Web UI - Player settings - audio)?

Kris
2009-12-12, 03:21
its set to 0 which is the highest, and its low...

toby10
2009-12-12, 03:37
its set to 0 which is the highest, and its low...

Set the SB3's output volume level to Fixed 100%, I think this is what Phil was referring too.

If that doesn't do it I'd suggest trying the SB3 on your other system and comparing the volume output to the Duet.
For that matter, also try the Duet on your SB3 speakers and compare.

mlsstl
2009-12-12, 08:42
What's the input sensitivity figure for your powered speakers? Is the speaker sensitivity level switchable?

Have you tried the Duet with those speakers? If it gives the same volume level as the SB3, then the issue is a mismatch between the SB3/Duet and the speakers. If the Duet level is OK but the SB3 not, then you either have the SB3 settings wrong, a bad cable or the SB3 needs repair.

Preamp outputs (such as from your PC) are often capable of a much higher voltage out than line-level devices.

So do some more investigation using the Duet as a direct comparison in the system before pronouncing anything "broken."

Kris
2009-12-13, 15:33
Thank you, ill do exactly that tonight.. ill connect up the Duet and see how it goes.... thanks!