PDA

View Full Version : Not a happy customer

jobb
2009-12-11, 12:13
I bought a Squeezebox package and after a lot of trying and installing I seemed to have got everything working. Except for the pauses that sometimes happen in certain songs. But that seems to happen to others too. And of course the more serious problem that when I select an Aerosmith song I get a Drifters song from from my loudspeakers. So, I sent an email and asked how to get a refund. The product clearly is for geeks who have time and like to figure out how stuff works. Support pointed me to the store with the following text:

** Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care. I would like to advise you to contact the shop where you purchase it or the point of purchase then arrange for a refund. If you have any other concern regarding your product, feel free to email us back. You can also visit our website at <ulr removed>

[ Not a wrong answer. But no empathy either. ]

** I replied to the email with the following:
I am sorry to hear that.

** On that reply I received the following message:
Your recent incident update was from an email address not associated with the incident. In an effort to maintain the security of information, we cannot update the incident using this email address. If you are the incident owner and your email address has changed, or you want to be able to update the incident using this email account, please update your contact information using the following link, then resubmit your update.

[ I never used another email address ]

+++
Just thought I'd share this experience for anyone interested in buying. If you are. I have one cheap.

mparry
2009-12-11, 12:23
Hi Jobb,
I am sorry that you seem to have had a bad support experience. I am unclear though as to whether you just want a refund or you wanted support?
If you were looking for a refund then it is standard practice to return the item to the store you brought it from.
As far as the email address I agree that the email support system can have some problems for time to time.However I would also say that our support team are some extremely passionate and helpful individuals whom I bet can get you on the right track. If you need product support I would be more than happy to put you in touch with one of them. Please just let me know.

snarlydwarf
2009-12-12, 01:08
I bought a Squeezebox package and after a lot of trying and installing I seemed to have got everything working.

Really? Doesn't sound like it.

Except for the pauses that sometimes happen in certain songs. But that seems to happen to others too.

Wireless? You may need to use a different channel to avoid interference, or change orientation/placement of your router for better signal propogation. Or you may just be SOL when it comes to wireless and the materials and shape of your house won't allow decent wireless.

And of course the more serious problem that when I select an Aerosmith song I get a Drifters song from from my loudspeakers.

Turn off shuffle.

Just thought I'd share this experience for anyone interested in buying. If you are. I have one cheap.

Pretty lame experience: you couldn't figure out the item but are unable to actually ask for help so you're returning it but want to make pointless remarks to mailing list software and are for some reason amused that you've confused a piece of software.

Did I leave somethinbg out from that fabulous story?

You must be a real hoot at parties. Such a wacky sense of humor, such a sharp wit.

toby10
2009-12-12, 03:43
Jobb,
Perhaps your second post will be a constructive explanation of your setup and a simple request for help and input?

Just a thought. :)

amcluesent
2009-12-12, 06:12
>Posts: 1<

Drive-by noob. Should have paid the Sonos premium for being a doofus. Nothing to see here, move along...

MrSinatra
2009-12-18, 01:31
all thats left is to tar and feather him, christ, whats wrong with you people? there was nothing wrong with his post.

JJZolx
2009-12-18, 01:44
He's not looking for help. He's relating a bad customer support experience, which is becoming all too common these days with the support provided by Logitech for these products.

Slim Devices is truly dead now. This forum is the only remaining thing that even vaguely resembles the former environment and commitment to the product.

Phil Leigh
2009-12-18, 01:53
Slim Devices is truly dead now. This forum is the only remaining thing that even vaguely resembles the former environment and commitment to the product.

I think that's rather harsh on the Developers!

JJZolx
2009-12-18, 01:57
I think that's rather harsh on the Developers!

Not my intention, to be sure. They do a hell of a good job. I'm sure they're feeling it too, and probably worse than any end user.

MrSinatra
2009-12-18, 02:03
indeed, my admiration for the devs grows by the day. i still think logitech brings positives to the table, i just hope the touch proves to be the killer product that demonstrates the need to keep resources devoted to development. i'm somewhat afraid it won't be successful tho, b/c if its connected to the stereo, are you gonna sit right by it? and if it sits right next to you, will it be connected to the stereo? of course, i could be missing the vision intended...

mherger
2009-12-18, 02:05
> Slim Devices is truly dead now. This forum is the only remaining thing
> that even vaguely resembles the former environment and commitment to the
> product.

Don't be so humble. You're still around, as in the good ol'days!

--

Michael

jdoering
2009-12-18, 02:06
He's not looking for help. He's relating a bad customer support experience ...

Really? The bad customer support experience he related was that he asked how to get a refund and they referred him to the store he purchased it from - duh! He complained of "no empathy" - bummer. Sure a basic "we're sorry your dissatisfied" is polite but I don't think that's real empathy anyway - just polite business. The response looked fine to me. The part about the e-mail address mixup is pretty irrelevent IMO.

-Jeff

kakklank
2009-12-18, 02:28
i'm somewhat afraid it won't be successful tho, b/c if its connected to the stereo, are you gonna sit right by it? and if it sits right next to you, will it be connected to the stereo? of course, i could be missing the vision intended...Headphones??? :D

JJZolx
2009-12-18, 02:40
i'm somewhat afraid it won't be successful tho, b/c if its connected to the stereo, are you gonna sit right by it? and if it sits right next to you, will it be connected to the stereo? of course, i could be missing the vision intended...

I think the idea is to try to hit a lot of marketing targets with one product. You want a touch screen? You got it. You want a player that sits in your audio rack and can be controlled by IR remote? You got it. You want a built-in server? It's a product that many existing SB users can't quite figure out, but I suspect it will sell.

RadioClash
2009-12-18, 07:38
Pretty lame experience: you couldn't figure out the item but are unable to actually ask for help so you're returning it but want to make pointless remarks to mailing list software and are for some reason amused that you've confused a piece of software.

Did I leave somethinbg out from that fabulous story?

You must be a real hoot at parties. Such a wacky sense of humor, such a sharp wit.

Congrats, buddy. You win A-hole of the day. Nice work.