PDA

View Full Version : Squeezboxserver Linux: Manage Music on Windows

Fabius
2009-12-11, 08:48
Hello,

i have a Sqeezebox Boom together with Squeezbox Server (debian linux) running.
Now i want to put some playlist from the squeezebox to my mobile mp3-player.
my mp3-player is not connected to the Squeezbox Server. I want to fill the mp3-player from a windows client pc that is connected to the squeezebox server.

now my question: is there a software aviable for windows (like itunes) that will acess the squeesebox-server and is able to copy selected music (on the base of playlist or other mp3-tag selections) to my mp3-player?

Or perhaps there exists an plugin for itunes, so that itunes can use the database of the squeezbox server.

Thanks for your Help

lrossouw
2009-12-14, 19:37
Broadly speaking you should be able to share the drive on the server so the windows PC can see it. You may have this already. Then you could map it a drive on the windows PC to become say F:.

You could then use itunes, foobar, windows media player, winamp etc etc and tell them to add files from F:\music. In Itunes it would be file\add folder. Itunes doesn't automatically update it so you would need to update once in a while to get any changes to your music in.

I don't know how to share drives on debian but people talk about samba.

pski
2009-12-15, 19:02
Hello,

i have a Sqeezebox Boom together with Squeezbox Server (debian linux) running.
Now i want to put some playlist from the squeezebox to my mobile mp3-player.
my mp3-player is not connected to the Squeezbox Server. I want to fill the mp3-player from a windows client pc that is connected to the squeezebox server.

now my question: is there a software aviable for windows (like itunes) that will acess the squeesebox-server and is able to copy selected music (on the base of playlist or other mp3-tag selections) to my mp3-player?

Or perhaps there exists an plugin for itunes, so that itunes can use the database of the squeezbox server.

Thanks for your Help

Bwa?

Millwood
2009-12-16, 18:21
Work for me. samba (takes a bit of flailing to configure) makes my music available to windows, were windows apps see it.