PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox touch- ipeng- ipod touch

Sosa
2009-12-10, 16:16
Hi,i've 2 questions.
The first: suppose to have an hard disk full of songs connected via usb to squeezebox touch. So, can I control the squeezebox touch and play the music from this hard disk using ipod touch -with ipeng- directly taking the pc off?
And if is possible to do this, have i to turn on a wireless modem or ipod connects directly to squeezebox touch (and plays music from an hard disk connected via usb to squeezebox touch) without the need of a modem on?
Thank you and sorry for my english

pippin
2009-12-10, 16:58
The first: suppose to have an hard disk full of songs connected via usb to squeezebox touch. So, can I control the squeezebox touch and play the music from this hard disk using ipod touch -with ipeng- directly taking the pc off?

Yes. This works.
Well. Disclaimer: Logitech has a habit of doing last minute changes to their code that break things so I can't guarantee that the current iPeng release (which works fine with the touch right now) will also work when the Touch goes to market; can't predict the future.
If it breaks, I will try to get an updated version of iPeng out ASAP but this depends on the scale of the changes and is also dependent on Apple's App Store approval process which alone has a MINIMUM delay of two weeks.

With 7.4 it was a close call, the corresponding iPeng release came out three or four days after the 7.4 release but this was only because I called an emergency review by Apple and I will NOT stretch this.

That said, usually it's only a few thing that break, in 7.4 the big issue was that MySqueezebox.com was launched in parallel and the old iPeng could no longer register with that.

And if is possible to do this, have i to turn on a wireless modem or ipod connects directly to squeezebox touch (and plays music from an hard disk connected via usb to squeezebox touch) without the need of a modem on?
Thank you and sorry for my english
Do you mean "router" when you say "modem"? If that's what you mean, it's a yes, you will need a WiFi router to make the Touch talk to the iPod.

Sosa
2009-12-11, 11:28
Yes i mean router....
Thank you for your answer