PDA

View Full Version : SB3 Display Question

bstrulo
2009-12-09, 02:34
I've had an SB3 for quite a few years.

Recently I've noticed an oddity on the display. I'm worried it's been there all along and so I'm going to look like a wally. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say...

So, on search or browse results screens, like if I press Music Library > Artists I get a screen which says the artist in big letters and at the top right it says 1 of 1000 (or whatever). But just to the left of the "1" is a funny little character that I don't understand. It's always an "m" with a line above and below. Or maybe a 3-legged elephant being made into a sandwich? Or something?

Actually it doesn't always appear: for example, it doesn't for "All Songs", nor if I Browse Music Folder.

It appears on the SB3 and also SoftSqueeze.

What does it mean?

And where's the documentation :-)

cblock
2009-12-09, 03:29
Well, that's an indication that the artist/album/track etc. is mixable using MusicIP. Are you running MusicIP on your server?

bstrulo
2009-12-09, 03:55
Ah-hah!

Only I don't have MusicIP, and I have the plugin marked as "inactive". I never have had MusicIP which explains why the symbol is new to me.

Maybe I should install it?

The symbol doesn't bother me, but I wonder why it has started to appear?

snarlydwarf
2009-12-09, 08:47
Only I don't have MusicIP, and I have the plugin marked as "inactive". I never have had MusicIP which explains why the symbol is new to me.

Maybe I should install it?

The symbol doesn't bother me, but I wonder why it has started to appear?

It actually means it is 'mixable', not just with MusicIP.

You have some plugin which is setting the mixable flag on the track. Try right-arrowing while on the track.

bstrulo
2009-12-09, 08:58
It actually means it is 'mixable', not just with MusicIP.

You have some plugin which is setting the mixable flag on the track. Try right-arrowing while on the track.

OK, that sounds right. I did install some plugins. But it only shows on albums and artists, not on tracks, so right-arrow just takes me to the tracks.

Could TrackStat be doing it?

erland
2009-12-13, 23:43
OK, that sounds right. I did install some plugins. But it only shows on albums and artists, not on tracks, so right-arrow just takes me to the tracks.

Could TrackStat be doing it?

If you look at the same artist/album in the web interface, you can probably see the mixes that are available.

Alternatively you can hold play down for a while on the IR remote and it will launch be mix.

TrackStat offers mixers and also a few of my other plugins.